Marking Solo Selections on EOF 1.8

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 11 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Ichigo36

Marking Solo Selections on EOF 1.8

Postby Ichigo36 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:35 pm

Hey guys, I am having a problem with solos on EOF. I tried it in two methods: 1st is the Events method. I click on the note of where the solo begins, the I go to Beat>Events>and click Add>I typed in solo_on and done. Then I clicked on my note which it ends the solo>go to Events>Add>and typed it solo_off and done. And when i try to test it in FoFiX, the solo starts from the beginning of the song. Ok the 1st method is screwed, now i move on to the 2nd method marking solos. I shift click all my notes that are in the solo, and I clicked on Notes>Solos>Mark and it pulls up the blue section of the solo. Then I tested it on FoFiX, and when song got into the solo part, it didnt show up.

What Im doing wrong? Is there a way to fix this, I have tried everything, but didnt work.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: Marking Solo Selections on EOF 1.8

Postby raynebc » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:20 am

Make sure you click the beat marker where a solo starts, and place the "solo_on" text event there. Likewise, you need to click the beat marker where the solo ends and place the "solo_off" text event at that beat. From what I remember, if you define any section markers (ie. a text event beginning with the word section), the solo_on and solo_off markers no longer work. You'd then need to place a text event like "section guitar_solo" at the beat where the solo begins, and then another section marker that doesn't contain the text solo in it, ie. "section sol_off".

The other method of marking solos (Note>Solos) should work in FoFiX as long as you also manually define at least two star power sections (ie. Note>Star Power) in the chart. This is a requirement of FoFiX in order to determine whether the solo marker is a solo (in Rock Band authoring standards) or star power (in Guitar Hero authoring standards), since both games use the same MIDI note to mark the different notations.
Ichigo36

Postby Ichigo36 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:48 pm

It worked!!!! Thank u so much!!!!!!!!!!
Ichigo36

Postby Ichigo36 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:19 am

I wish u can put solo sections, without define two star power sections, but, I bet that will be changed in the future

Return to “Tech Support”