"Not an Ogg Vorbis Audio Stream" problem

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 11 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Be Afraid...
akwardmoment

Re: "Not an Ogg Vorbis Audio Stream" problem

Postby akwardmoment » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:24 pm

raynebc wrote:When you imported your MIDI and chose the OGG file, all the appropriate song files are created when you use the save function (ie. from the File menu). The most direct thing to do in this case would probably be to use the "Save as" function from the file menu, and save to the subfolder you created in FoF's song folder.

it works now... sort of. i can now play the song in FoF, but i cant hear the music track. its completely mute. the sounds in everything else are fine but not the song its self. whats going on?
Be Afraid...
akwardmoment

Postby akwardmoment » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:16 pm

raynebc wrote:When you imported your MIDI and chose the OGG file, all the appropriate song files are created when you use the save function (ie. from the File menu). The most direct thing to do in this case would probably be to use the "Save as" function from the file menu, and save to the subfolder you created in FoF's song folder.

thank you, after all this it finally works. pretty awesome, just one more question: how do i delete songs that arent in the songs folder?

-- Edit: July 3rd, 2012, 7:25 pm --

raynebc wrote:Quite possibly something wrong with your audio file, which was what I initially suggested. Can you upload the audio file for your chart so one of us can check it?

crap im stupid. my mute button was selected only for FoF, which made me think the audio wasnt working :laugh:
Be Afraid...
akwardmoment

Postby akwardmoment » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:59 pm

raynebc wrote:FoF shouldn't be showing songs that aren't in its songs folder though. Otherwise you should be able to delete individual songs just by deleting their folders.

thats the problem. i dunno where the folders are, but no worrys, it doesnt really make a difference. i just would like 2 more questions answered then i will stop annoying you with stupid questions :tongue2:

1. in EoF, how do i copy/ paste an area of notes.
2. is there any possible way for EoF to regonize the notes and post them as the song plays. (like, the game automadicly posts a note while the song plays)
3. how do i edit notes (e.g. make the sustain longer when the note is already placed)
4. ima probaly how more questions as i figure out and explore this EoF thingy. anyway cheers and thanks for what you've helped me out with so far :smile:
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:34 am

1. You can select notes one by one by holding the CTRL key while left clicking on each note. Or if you want to select one contiguous set of notes, you can click on the first one, seek to the last note you want to select and hold the SHIFT key while clicking on the last note. While the desired notes are selected, you can use the CTRL+C shortcut, or use the Copy item from the Edit menu. Then seek to where you want the notes to go and use Paste (CTRL+V).

2. I don't know what you're asking.

3. Select a note and use either your mouse's scroll wheel or the [ and ] keys to change its length. You can have multiple notes selected and change all of their lengths at the same time if you want.
Be Afraid...
akwardmoment

Postby akwardmoment » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:44 pm

raynebc wrote:1. You can select notes one by one by holding the CTRL key while left clicking on each note. Or if you want to select one contiguous set of notes, you can click on the first one, seek to the last note you want to select and hold the SHIFT key while clicking on the last note. While the desired notes are selected, you can use the CTRL+C shortcut, or use the Copy item from the Edit menu. Then seek to where you want the notes to go and use Paste (CTRL+V).

3. Select a note and use either your mouse's scroll wheel or the [ and ] keys to change its length. You can have multiple notes selected and change all of their lengths at the same time if you want.

thank you for the answers, but the second one, i know its a bit of a leap, but i mean... how do i explain.... oh i got it. for example: if i have it on the guitar.ogg, would there be a way for EoF to regonize when a guitar string is played during the song and would automadicly place the note where the guitar is strumed. like, if I have a 10 second song consisting of nothing but one guitar strum in five seconds prior to the song starting, the game would place the note in said time. any type of feature like that?
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:06 pm

akwardmoment wrote:
raynebc wrote:1. You can select notes one by one by holding the CTRL key while left clicking on each note. Or if you want to select one contiguous set of notes, you can click on the first one, seek to the last note you want to select and hold the SHIFT key while clicking on the last note. While the desired notes are selected, you can use the CTRL+C shortcut, or use the Copy item from the Edit menu. Then seek to where you want the notes to go and use Paste (CTRL+V).

thank you for the answers, but the second one, i know its a bit of a leap, but i mean... how do i explain.... oh i got it. for example: if i have it on the guitar.ogg, would there be a way for EoF to regonize when a guitar string is played during the song and would automadicly place the note where the guitar is strumed. like, if I have a 10 second song consisting of nothing but one guitar strum in five seconds prior to the song starting, the game would place the note in said time. any type of feature like that?

No.
Image Image
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:22 pm

akwardmoment wrote:thank you for the answers, but the second one, i know its a bit of a leap, but i mean... how do i explain.... oh i got it. for example: if i have it on the guitar.ogg, would there be a way for EoF to regonize when a guitar string is played during the song and would automadicly place the note where the guitar is strumed. like, if I have a 10 second song consisting of nothing but one guitar strum in five seconds prior to the song starting, the game would place the note in said time. any type of feature like that?

As mentioned, that can't be done. If you want though, you can display the waveform graph (F5) and it may help you determine good placement for notes or for syncing your chart by clicking and dragging the beat markers.
Be Afraid...
akwardmoment

Postby akwardmoment » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:35 pm

raynebc wrote:
akwardmoment wrote:thank you for the answers, but the second one, i know its a bit of a leap, but i mean... how do i explain.... oh i got it. for example: if i have it on the guitar.ogg, would there be a way for EoF to regonize when a guitar string is played during the song and would automadicly place the note where the guitar is strumed. like, if I have a 10 second song consisting of nothing but one guitar strum in five seconds prior to the song starting, the game would place the note in said time. any type of feature like that?

As mentioned, that can't be done. If you want though, you can display the waveform graph (F5) and it may help you determine good placement for notes or for syncing your chart by clicking and dragging the beat markers.

:sad:
i wasnt expecting something like that to work anyway. just a wild guess. but thanks anyway. you've helped me alot with this whole thing, i also have 2 songs that i would like testing, after i figure out how to post them on mediafire, ill throw them in my sig. after i do this, can you test em? you seem professenal at this game and its problems. :2thumbsup:
Be Afraid...
akwardmoment

Postby akwardmoment » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:51 pm

:2thumbsup:
i mainly wanna improve on my synicing, im the only one who has tried my 2 songs/ i think their alright, but could never come to fretting skills like puppetz or other pro's. ima gonna begin working on my 3rd song after i post this :tongue:

Return to “Tech Support”