Problems with EOF

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 12 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
CosmicGames

Problems with EOF

Postby CosmicGames » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:47 pm

I apologize if these questions have been asked before, but I'm trying to fret my own pack of songs (an ambitious project for me considering I haven't fretted anything yet, aside from a few really small projects back when FoF first started), and I'm having a little confusion with the editor (EOF).

This doesn't appear to be the right section, but I didn't see another section for questions about fretting, so here goes:

When I apply star power to a series of notes, in-game, the notes aren't star power notes. Instead the star power phrases are completely random and scattered.

The above also goes for HO/PO, whenever I set a note to be one it does not work (rarely it will work), and instead the program insists on automatically deciding whether a note is a hammer on or pull off, which is really annoying because sometimes a HO/PO that I want is not detected as such.

Does anyone know how to fix these problems? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
A Dickie?!
superfly360

Re: Problems with EOF

Postby superfly360 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:24 pm

What game are you playing it on, Frets on Fire, FoFiX, or Phase Shift?

If it's FoFiX, I don't think custom star power phrases or custom HO/PO are supported yet.
Accomplishments:

Spoiler:August 2010 Drum Competition 5th Place (86/100 Bad Fun-The Cult)
December 2010 Guitar Competition 4th Place (86/100 Easy Death Oven-Mike Reagan, Gregory J. Hainer)
March 2011 Drum Competion 1st Place (91/100 Microwaved-Pitch Shifter)

My song thread Old

Daredevil - The Album (W.I.P. 9/19) Old

Twisted Metal Hero (21/93) All Old Songs Updated;2 New Songs

My YouTube Channel

ImageImage
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:06 pm

FoF/FoFiX should be able to handle the custom star power phrases, but they don't support the newer style solo phrases so for those you'd need to stick with the text event method. Unfortunately, no version of FoF/FoFiX support custom HOPO phrases, there are only some tricks you can do to influence how often HOPO notes show up in-game. All of the afore-mentioned features should work in Phase Shift. As for why the star power isn't showing in FoF/FoFiX, I'm not really sure what that would happen. Are the notes appearing silver in color in EOF as they should when they are in a star power phrase?
CosmicGames

Postby CosmicGames » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:53 pm

raynebc wrote:Are the notes appearing silver in color in EOF as they should when they are in a star power phrase?

Yeah, they appear silver in the editor.

superfly360 wrote:What game are you playing it on, Frets on Fire, FoFiX, or Phase Shift?

If it's FoFiX, I don't think custom star power phrases or custom HO/PO are supported yet.

I'm using FoFix, I never even have heard of Phase Shift. Is it a more commonly used version of the game? And would EOF-made files work with Phase Shift?
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:01 pm

If you post your project (.eof) file, I could try to determine what's wrong. Phase Shift is a different game than FoF, but supports the same format for charts. Although the two games have some differences in supported features, most of everything that EOF supports (aside from one or two things like vocals) is supported in Phase Shift.

Return to “Tech Support”