More than 2 players = infinite loading?

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 12 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
DiabolikOnFire

More than 2 players = infinite loading?

Postby DiabolikOnFire » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:37 pm

Aye aye everybody. Having a blast with Fofix on the drums and in 2 player mode.

Lately I had a 2nd guest and since I knew Fofix supported up to 4 players, I just went into the settings and changed the max players to 3. We then TRIED to start a song after the player selection screen. After choosing our instruments and difficulty levels. The loading screen appeared, and it's all we got. Normally in 2 player mode the loading is barely noticeably longer than in singleplayer, but with 3, it loads, the HD light blips periodically, but it gets stuck at the first phase of loading "initializing" and we never get to actually play. We've left it to load for 10 minutes, came back, nothing. Usually a song takes only a few seconds max to load, even in 2 player mode and there we go.

Is this a known issue? Using the latest version 3.121, python 2.4-ogl2 ( faster for me than 2.6-ogl3 ). We tried different themes, rock band light, rb2, rb3, multiple guitar heroes, nothing, zilch, always gets stuck at initializing.

I tried alone in multiplayer with 2 AIs with me, same results. We also tried 2 players + an AI, same results still.

Quick settings at "pure speed" and "theme-based"

Computer is:

Core i5 750 stock speed
4 gb ddr3 corsair xms3
Asus p7p55d mobo
Gigabyte Radeon HD5850 1gb ( 8.821.0.0 drivers, 2011-01-26 )
Sata WD 7200rpm 500Gigs HD
Windows 7 with all the latest updates

Any clues?
Ducktapeguru
23rootbeer

Re: More than 2 players = infinite loading?

Postby 23rootbeer » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:11 am

For more than two players, I would suggest Phase Shift.
http://www.dwsk.co.uk/index_phase_shift.html
Phase Shift Supports as Many People as you can handle.
I personally hooked up every guitar and controller I had and had 6 players going at once, although the track was a little too small.
It also supports online play. Look into it and get the 0.92 full.
Goal = Join Christian Efforts into One Organized Location
CLICK THE PIC FOR MORE INFORMATION
Christian Guitar Praise and Collection Project
I am the Only Person to Convert Songs From Guitar Praise and JamBand
Submit Your Christian Songs to This Collective Database
Check Back Often for New Songs and Other Content
Song Download Link
WhatIsThisIDon'tEven
Davidrawr

Postby Davidrawr » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:55 pm

23rootbeer, it seems all you can do to help people with FoFiX problems is tell them to download Phase Shift.

This is not helpful in the slightest to anyone wanting to fix a problem with their FoFiX installation and play FoFiX.
My song thread!
You can cut our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly.
Ducktapeguru
23rootbeer

Postby 23rootbeer » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:18 pm

Giving Alternative Solutions. I think the goal here is to be able to play their custom songs.
Goal = Join Christian Efforts into One Organized Location
CLICK THE PIC FOR MORE INFORMATION

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

Christian Guitar Praise and Collection Project
I am the Only Person to Convert Songs From Guitar Praise and JamBand
Submit Your Christian Songs to This Collective Database
Check Back Often for New Songs and Other Content
Song Download Link

Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:07 am

23rootbeer wrote:Giving Alternative Solutions. I think the goal here is to be able to play their custom songs.

Wrong..

Telling someone to use a totally different piece of software IS NOT the first thing you should tell someone. This has been spoken about before.. The correct thing to do is answer the f*king question that was asked. If you cant help then don't answer, but you are not supposed to just tell someone to use a totally different piece of software. If the only solution to his problem was to use a different software then that would be different, but we know that fofix can do more than 2 players we have all seen it do that, so you should be trying to help him fix what is not working for him, that works for others. If all you will do is tell people to use phase shift ( or any other software to what the user is actually using) as a first solution then perhaps you should stay out of tech support.

To DiabolikOnFire sorry i cant actually offer any help myself, i was never a big user of fofix, but hang tight for a bit, there are plenty of fofix users on here that should be able to help you out.. if you get no joy from anyone in here then you could try asking in the fofix section of the board. but id hold out here for a bit first :wink:

Good luck, hope you get it fixed soon.

Nobby.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom

Return to “Tech Support”