can't hit frets

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 16 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Angelwinged Devil

Postby Angelwinged Devil » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:25 am

this is a very annoying bugs, I have tried various keyboard settings and sometimes I can't hold three different frets and pick them, like 3 4 and 5 and then enter only two of them will be picked.

Is there some kind of application to prevent this as I know it's the keyboard and not the application.

Thank you in advance
yoyokid2008

Postby yoyokid2008 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:58 am

Ok, So you can't hold IE: F1,F2,F3. To solve the problem get RF-Mod and go to player 1 settings and turn on 2 note chords only You only have to hold the outside 2 and the middle will be hit.
\
Mass Effect FTW :)
BlackFate

Postby BlackFate » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:51 pm

Q: Why can I only use certain key combinations? e.g. Why won't F3 + F4 + Strum (Enter) work together?

A: Keyboards always have certain key combinations that cannot be pressed together. This saves on manufacturing costs as it is very rare that those combos would need to be used (aside from in FoF obviously).
Only way around this is to remap your keys. Usually using 1-5 rather than the F keys works. That, or try switching which key is used to strum.

Rule #6: No asking questions that are on the boards FAQ!
Violation of this rule results in a raise in warning level.

Forum FAQ- https://www.fretsonfire.org/cgi-bin....id26298
Forum Rules- https://www.fretsonfire.org/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=SR;f=1

Mike.
Songs Finished: 82,
Metallica - Papa Roach - Disturbed - Bloodhound Gang
Angelwinged Devil

Postby Angelwinged Devil » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:47 am

BlackFate wrote:
Q: Why can I only use certain key combinations? e.g. Why won't F3 + F4 + Strum (Enter) work together?

A: Keyboards always have certain key combinations that cannot be pressed together. This saves on manufacturing costs as it is very rare that those combos would need to be used (aside from in FoF obviously).
Only way around this is to remap your keys. Usually using 1-5 rather than the F keys works. That, or try switching which key is used to strum.

Mike.

I saw that, but it didn't give me the solution which was offered here...

Return to “Tech Support”