No notes..

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 13 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Silphiroth

No notes..

Postby Silphiroth » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:37 pm

Hello I´m new here and I´ve got a question about Frets on Fire.

I try to write correctly, becuase I´m from Germany and my English is not the best^^

At first, its version 1.3.110 I think. (When I click on "Credits" then it´s written)

So.. and because there are only 3 songs in the game, I wanted to import more.
Finally I´ve got 1 guitar.ogg, 1 song.ogg and 1 notes (in MIDI format) files.

But when I try to import it, it only wants the guitar and song file.
And when I want to play the song, there are no notes, ´cause it want that I place the notes by myself.
Is there no other way?

What shall I do now? I´m totally confused and at the end of my nerves xD

I´m really really sorry for my low English-Knowledge, and I hope everybody can understand, what I wrote.
Derp
slashfan7964

Re: No notes..

Postby slashfan7964 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:11 pm

You said you have everything you need (you don't need a song.ogg) but you will need a song.ini file:

Just copy/paste this into notepad and save as song.ini

[song]
name = (put your song's name here)
artist = (put your band's name here)

Most likely the song you want is already done on this forum. A little searching and you should be able to find it. If not, download EOF (Editor on Fire) and you'll have to place the notes yourself to the song. If the song is available, download it, and extract it with Winrar to your "songs" folder.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Silphiroth

Postby Silphiroth » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:55 pm

I think I´m too stupid for that ^^

I tried it with a song that was already done in this forum, but the same problem again. (But in the thread itself, nobody said that there is a mistake or something like that).
So it´s up to my stupidness that is isn´t working^^

1. I downloadet the file
2. I exctracted it and saved it into the Songfolder (again: guitar.ogg,song.ogg,notes in midi and a "document" with that in it:

[song]
Artist = Serj Tankian
name = Empty Walls
frets = xbox360922
delay = 0

3. I opened the game, clicked on "Song Editor"/"Import new songs"
4. At first I chose the Guitar.ogg and at second the song.ogg file
5. Now I got to the part, where I have to place the notes... so I saved the song

But the Song isn´t working or respectively, there are no notes.

I have no idea of something like that...
WINNING!..DUH!
ThickAsABrick

Postby ThickAsABrick » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:07 pm

listen VERY VERY carefully.

All you need is the following:

1.Guitar.ogg
2.Notes.mid
3.SONG.INI

you dont need song.ogg so id get rid of it. Make sure you go to computer/programfiles/fof/data/songs THEN:

Place the folder you extracted from winrar into the songs folder (YOU NEED WINRAR OR A UNZIPPING PROGRAM IN ORDER TO EXTRACT THE FOLDER U DOWNLOADED), but make sure that the folder for your song just needs 1 click to get to the files and not 2. Hope this helped.

There may also been one difficulty and instrument track for ur song, so any other difficulty or instrument would therefore have no notes.
On the Topic of Six Year Old Girls:
Electro Tomato wrote:Because I want to have sex with them, that's why

ThickAsABrick's Theme Hero: 1950-2010 THE MUNSTERS ADDED! viewtopic.php?f=5&p=559396#p559396
Silphiroth

Postby Silphiroth » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:52 am

Ok thanks for the detailed description.

I think I did understand it now, but where do I get a Song.ini file?
There is noone..in both of the songs....
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:41 pm

If you downloaded a song from here that you want to play, and it didn't have a song.ini, you should be wondering why other people aren't talking about the song not working too.

Just place the folder containing the files into your data/songs folder inside your installation, and they will show up in the song list. You do not need to perform any special import step to use songs pre-charted by others.
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
Silphiroth

Postby Silphiroth » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:30 pm

Yes that helped me thank you very much!

But I´ve got a new problem >_>

Now I read that the version I´ve got is very...bugged:

When I want to play a new song, it´s getting much slowlier in the refrain than in the strophes.

Because it´s bugged anyway, I want to download an other version. Can someone recommend a specific version to me?

So I installed FFix V.3.100 but thats really strange...
No songlist, nothing. When I want to take a song I downloaded (and worked on version 1.3.110 [but slowlier], the version 3.100 can´t find it. I mean, I can open the folder, but the files are not visual.

Can someone recomment an other version to me? Eventually where the same principle works like on my old version, without any buggs?
When I found the key first time, I will not longer waste your time with that stupid questions.... (and that more stupid grammar I think..xD)
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:28 pm

Get FoFiX v. 3.121 with the ROCK BAND 2 THEME.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.

Return to “Tech Support”