How I can edit the practice sections of a song?

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 13 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Nivekiller

How I can edit the practice sections of a song?

Postby Nivekiller » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:07 pm

Hi!
I was wondering how I can change the names of the practice sections of a song, if somebody can help me with it, it wolud be very helpful :laugh:
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: How I can edit the practice sections of a song?

Postby raynebc » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:28 pm

The best results would involve using a MIDI editor like Anvil Studio (don't use Fruity Loops, it won't do the job), and rename the text events that contain things such as "section somethinghere" and save the MIDI (make sure to keep a copy of the original). You can also do the same thing in EOF, and it will be more convenient since it will allow you to play the audio to hear what part of the song each section marker is at, but the MIDI timings will be rewritten when you edit and save the chart in EOF (all note are rounded to the nearest millisecond during import). The loss in timing is negligible, but it's worth mentioning.

More details about section markers is here:
viewtopic.php?t=7236
GuitarBoy55

Re: How I can edit the practice sections of a song?

Postby GuitarBoy55 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:07 pm

Actually it's easier to use Feedback. Just google it, put the midi with the ogg file in the songs folder, open up the midi, and press "R" to create sections.

Return to “Tech Support”