So who is still here??

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 13 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
desolate_highway

So who is still here??

Postby desolate_highway » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:52 am

Okay, I've come back after like a 2-ish year hiatus, and all the links are like, broken. I tried downloading the game again, (using 1.2.451 with the RF mod but the site is apparently down. I've also noticed that y'all have FoFix now. Which, I guess is alright, hell if it worked why not, right?

So I tried the FoFix, but again, to no avail. Nothing seems to be working right. I get a solid black screen until my noob arse pushed enter. Yayy now I get to play, right? no. There were no songs, and when I tried to add them, it wouldn't let me do anything.

It'd have the folder listed, but when I try to go into it, it took me to "Parent Directory" with no other options.

SO. If anyone is still here, which judging by the amount of broken links, I can only assume not. . . Can ya'll tell me what it is I'm doing wrong? :cursing:
FoF 4EVA!!
SoD Sasquatch

Re: So who is still here??

Postby SoD Sasquatch » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:26 am

DEAD Linx to FOF, I'm wanting to assume that you are NOT using FoFix. The game was originally called Frets On Fire, then we got all of these great mods: H3r1ng Mod, RF Mod, Alarian Mod, so we took all the ideas we wanted out of these projects and put them into 1 project called "FoFix (Frets On Fire X). Newest version is 3.121 and we are currently under version 4 build.
Not sure what you mean about dead links as far as songs go, they should be working just fine. If you are using the song database to download songs we have only finished updating A-O (very slow process). I can't really help you with problems if you are not at least running the new version of FOF because I know nothing of the older versions, so the first thing I would reccommend doing is getting the new FoFix. When you do get the game get a theme as well because the "default mods"-Uberlight of Megalight do NOT work, I don't care what anyone says. The "themes" page and link to get FoFix is located under teh "FoFix" section of the forum stickied at the top.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:23 am

@SoD Sasquatch
ok firstly...
I'm wanting to assume that you are NOT using FoFix
Yes he is using fofix he said so in the post
So I tried the FoFix, but again, to no avail

The game was originally called Frets On Fire, then we got all of these great mods:...
The game IS STILL called frets on fire and it is STILL used by people today. FOFIX was,is and always will be a MOD of fof, yes it does more than the original but thats the idea of mods, fofix was originally ultimate coffee, myfingershurt and alarian mod then got rewritten to fofix. But never make the mistake of thinking that Fofix is the official product here, because it isn't, fof is.

@ desolate_highway

As SoD Sasquatch just said the wiki is still being worked on, so use these forum links ( almost everything on the wiki is listed on this site anyway ) and they should be fine, i even just checked the link to fof V1.2.451 and that STILL works fine. so stick to the links on this site rather than the wiki and you should be ok.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
FoF 4EVA!!
SoD Sasquatch

Postby SoD Sasquatch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:41 am

ok firstly...
I'm wanting to assume that you are NOT using FoFix

Okay, ya got me there I look stupid now.

The game IS STILL called frets on fire and it is STILL used by people today. FOFIX was,is and always will be a MOD of fof...

I still disagree with this statment. I think it's called "FoFix" now because the original download for FOF is called "Fofix 3.xxx", the program (when .exe is run) is called Fofix.exe, & Fofix is the title of the game while playing.

And yeah...I know that Amak said that he updated most of the stuff in the Wiki to include linx to new stuff, but...I wouldn't trust it like he said...

@nobby76
I like your signature.
Hey, and quit making me look stupid! Haha!
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:02 pm

Hehe i know you said i was to stop making you look stupid, but you really do make it so easy for me :tongue:

I still disagree with this statment. I think it's called "FoFix" now because the original download for FOF is called "Fofix 3.xxx", the program (when .exe is run) is called Fofix.exe, & Fofix is the title of the game while playing.

OK i dont know where you are looking for you offical releases of FOF but it cannot be at the official site, coz i just looked and found this.....
Image This link was from the official sourceforge site ( which we link to from this forum ) And as you can clearly see the DL is called FretsOnFire 1.3.110

And when you extract it you get an FOF.exe NOT an FOFIX.exe

As i said, the original FOF is still around and is still used by some people, just that so many people use Fofix nowadays that everyone THINKS its now the offical game, its not tho, not once has fofix been referred to as the latest version of FoF by the creators, the devs or anyone in an official capacity for the game. The only people to say / claim it is now the official game are users of fofix..
If you want to check these links yourself, go to the NEWS section of the forum, then the sticky topic called "Latest version of FoF (and links to previous versions) " Each link will take you to the sourceforge page where you can DL that copy of FoF

Thanks in regards to the sig. wasnt much to do, only took about 20 mins to knock up the images and create the anim Gif. Its no great but it serves its purpose :smile:

Now stop saying FOFIX is the official game.. it will only make you look silly :blink: HEHE
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Best. Avatar. Ever.
neostriker73

Postby neostriker73 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:51 pm

I'm confused now :/
ImageImage

One of the few Expert+ drum players
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:04 pm

neostriker73 wrote:I'm confused now :/

FoFix is a mod. Simple. It's the more popular than the official FoF, but it's still just a mod.

Personally, I still prefer Original Release + RF Mod.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
Best. Avatar. Ever.
neostriker73

Postby neostriker73 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:52 pm

I know that, I've fretted a lot of songs for FoFix. I wasn't confused about FoFix. I was confused about what's the main subject.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

ImageImage

One of the few Expert+ drum players
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:56 pm

Ah, my mistake. I misread what you said.

I think he's having issues getting FoFix to run from the sounds of it. I've been out of Tech Support for awhile, so the little bit I used to know for helping is *poof* bye bye.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."

Return to “Tech Support”