My Computer Refuses To Run FoF

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 13 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
OpenMinded metalhead
Metalhead911

My Computer Refuses To Run FoF

Postby Metalhead911 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:22 pm

I downloaded FofiX 3.121 Final yesterday along with around 100 songs, but when I went to play them (after I inserted them into the game through WinRAR)the game stopped and I got the following message...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "FoFiX.py", line 108, in <module>
File "GameEngine.pyo", line 37, in <module>
File "Engine.pyo", line 28, in <module>
File "World.pyo", line 23, in <module>
File "Player.pyo", line 30, in <module>
File "Song.pyo", line 48, in <module>
File "Language.pyo", line 38, in <module>
File "Config.pyo", line 150, in load
File "Config.pyo", line 177, in __init__
File "ConfigParser.pyo", line 286, in read
File "ConfigParser.pyo", line 482, in _read
ConfigParser.MissingSectionHeaderError: File contains no section headers.
file: C:\Users\Stay Away Security\AppData\Roaming\fofix\fofix.ini, line: 1
'\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00

and so on and so forth. How do I fix this problem?
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: My Computer Refuses To Run FoF

Postby raynebc » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:57 pm

If you have ever played another version of FoFiX on that computer, you should probably make sure the ini file is deleted from this location before running the game:
C:\Users\Stay Away Security\AppData\Roaming\fofix\fofix.ini

Other versions may have stored settings in this location, which could cause FoFiX to malfunction. After this, if there isn't a fofix.ini file in the same folder as the FoFiX executable, it will create a default config file, just go ahead and configure the settings to ensure the config file is clean.
OpenMinded metalhead
Metalhead911

Postby Metalhead911 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:14 pm

I'm new to FoF and I've never used software like WinRAR or Python and therefore inexperienced: Can you give me a detailed step-by-step guide to fix my problem in terms I can understand?
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:42 pm

Open up Task Manager -> New Task -> Type in %appdata%\fofix, OK -> Delete fofix.ini(the one which has a gear on a notepad).
By deleting fofix.ini, it will allow the game to re-create another fofix.ini completely. From what I read from your log, I believe your fofix.ini is missing headers like [video], [audio] or something similar as this.
OpenMinded metalhead
Metalhead911

Postby Metalhead911 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:16 pm

Acrox999, thanks a ton! It took a while for me to download the correct version of Task Manager for the job, but when I found it, all I had to do was what you said and then empty the recycle bin.

Man, I really owe you one.
WhatIsThisIDon'tEven
Davidrawr

Postby Davidrawr » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:01 pm

Metalhead911 wrote:Acrox999, thanks a ton! It took a while for me to download the correct version of Task Manager for the job, but when I found it, all I had to do was what you said and then empty the recycle bin.

What? Really, what?
My song thread!
You can cut our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly.
OpenMinded metalhead
Metalhead911

Postby Metalhead911 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:19 pm

I searched my entire computer for it, but it didn't have it. Then I searched for "Task Manager Download" on Google and clicked on the first link which gave me a buisness program that did absolutely nothing helpful to me. I then went back to Google and clicked on the second link down which gave me a program called "Security Task Manager" which was an ultra-complicated security scanner, I than went to Google for the third time and clicked on the third link down which gave me a program simply called Task Manager which was exactly what I was looking for and did everything that was said before which is why I kept it and uninstalled the other useless programs.

-- Edit: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:23 pm --

Now that those hijinks are over I've got something to say...

Just when I thought the troubles were over, I recieved this message whenever the load screen that says "Browsing Collection" whenever I'm at 98% I get a response that says...

Connection Lost

Then I press enter and recieve another message that says...

OperationalError:database is locked

What am I to do this time? All I wanted to do was play my songs. :tongue:
WhatIsThisIDon'tEven
Davidrawr

Postby Davidrawr » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:33 pm

Metalhead911 wrote:I searched my entire computer for it, but it didn't have it. Then I searched for "Task Manager Download" on Google and clicked on the first link which gave me a buisness program that did absolutely nothing helpful to me. I then went back to Google and clicked on the second link down which gave me a program called "Security Task Manager" which was an ultra-complicated security scanner, I than went to Google for the third time and clicked on the third link down which gave me a program simply called Task Manager which was exactly what I was looking for and did everything that was said before which is why I kept it and uninstalled the other useless programs.

-- Edit: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:23 pm --

Now that those hijinks are over I've got something to say...

Just when I thought the troubles were over, I recieved this message whenever the load screen that says "Browsing Collection" whenever I'm at 98% I get a response that says...

Connection Lost

What am I to do this time? All I wanted to do was play my songs. :tongue:

Right-click your taskbar (the bar at the bottom of the screen) and click start task manager. Alternatively, hold ctrl+alt and then press delete. Task Manager is a built-in Windows process >_>
My song thread!
You can cut our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly.
FoF 4EVA!!
SoD Sasquatch

Postby SoD Sasquatch » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:01 am

Metalhead911 wrote:
I recieved this message whenever the load screen that says "Browsing Collection" whenever I'm at 98% I get a response that says...

Connection Lost

I have this problem sometimes as well but this only happened in certain themes and when I tried the "Rockband 1 Theme". I didnt' know how to fix them so I just continued using the GH 5 Theme and Rockband 2. I'm pretty sure that the Rockband 1 Theme has a problem with the packing because you unpack a couple of corrupt files via RAR.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:28 pm

Davidrawr wrote:
Metalhead911 wrote:Acrox999, thanks a ton! It took a while for me to download the correct version of Task Manager for the job, but when I found it, all I had to do was what you said and then empty the recycle bin.

What? Really, what?

I thought Task Manager is a very common tool for Windows users... Seriously, what has happened to this "new" generation?
OpenMinded metalhead
Metalhead911

Postby Metalhead911 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:52 pm

I tried SoD Sasquatch's idea and downloaded K.i.D's Revision 84 Rock Band 2 Theme, but It did nothing to help my problems. In fact I got the following message...

[ 150.852000] (E) OperationalError, <class 'sqlite3.OperationalError'>: database is locked
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "GameEngine.pyo", line 1047, in run
File "GameEngine.pyo", line 1020, in main
File "Engine.pyo", line 136, in run
File "Engine.pyo", line 124, in _runTask
File "SongChoosingScene.pyo", line 170, in run
File "Dialogs.pyo", line 5351, in chooseSong
File "Dialogs.pyo", line 776, in __init__
File "Dialogs.pyo", line 914, in loadCollection
File "Resource.pyo", line 246, in load
File "Resource.pyo", line 133, in finish
File "Dialogs.pyo", line 923, in libraryListLoaded
File "Resource.pyo", line 246, in load
File "Resource.pyo", line 113, in load
File "Dialogs.pyo", line 923, in <lambda>
File "Song.pyo", line 4417, in getAvailableSongsAndTitles
File "Song.pyo", line 4209, in getAvailableSongs
OperationalError: database is locked

Any Ideas to get past this hurdle (hopefully the last one).
DRUMZZZ!
Typhus

Postby Typhus » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:28 pm

:blink:

Dude!

Do this:

1 - Open "My Computer" (or just "Computer" if you use Win Vista or 7)
2 - On the address bar (it's on the top of the window you've just opened) enter this -> %appdata%
3 - Delete the fofix folder that you'll find (on the folder you've just opened)
4 - Download FoFiX again and save it to a different location. (I recommend you to download the FoFiX-v3.121-Final-(py2.6-ogl3).7z file.)
5 - Be sure to name your songs folder to -> songs (all letters are small)
6 - Unzip the 7z file (if you don't have 7zip installed, just download it or use winrar to extract the files) and run FoFiX through the new exe file you've just downloaded. Don't change any options.
7 - If the game runs great playing a tutorial, then re-define your songs folder on the game options
8 - Try to play the game with one of the songs you have

Cya!

Nothing for now...

Click Here -> Latest W.I.P. song is Ride The Sky by Helloween

Kotti wrote:One of the many songs Typhus made for FoFH3. Check out his song thread, he deserves more recognition than is getting...
lukarocker wrote:Your latest Arch enemy song made my decision! YOU ARE MY NUMBER ONE FRETTER!!!
nariel99 wrote:But luckily , you find the post and were interested in the project. And the result : a pure moment of epicness in Frets on Fire . Once again thank you...
death_au wrote:Power metal covers of pop songs = WIN
+ Frets on Fire = EPIC WIN. Thank you Typhus :thumbup:
OPIK wrote:+ All difficulties included. That's PRECISELY why TYPHUS is in my "Personnal TOP 3 Best Fretters" !
dertanz wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T EVER QUIT... man you are one of my fav charters :crying: you can't quit... if you quit charting I'd quit playing :crying:
DaBackStabber666 wrote:I love your frettings :D
loth wrote:Typhus YOU SO RULE!! I love playing the songs you have fretted! :2thumbsup: Even on Supereasy the accurate representation of the music comes out. What a pleasure playing these, I can't wait for more metal tunes from you. Thanks SO much for doing ALL LEVELS, my fun meter is on high! :thumbup:
THANKS GUYS!!

My Song Thread [ALL DIFFICULTIES] | Alternative/Rock/Metal Genres
Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Wake -> FULL ALBUM
Lamb Of God - Sacrament -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Lamb Of God - Wrath -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Check out Puppetz Advanced Song Tutorial, now with instructions on how to use Anchors.

Return to “Tech Support”