Game crashes when the song's loading

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 1 week old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Braastad

Game crashes when the song's loading

Postby Braastad » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:05 am

Hi, I guess there have been a hundred topics about this before ..
When I open a song and the loading page should have come, the whole screen is red and nothing happens. I had this problem last time I installed FoF too. Doesn't matter which song I start, it happens every time.
Don't you dare blame my computer :tongue:
Mass Effect FTW :)
BlackFate

Re: Game crashes when the song's loading

Postby BlackFate » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:06 pm

1. Computer specifications?
(either list them, or Go to Start > Run and type in dxdiag, and then please post a picture of the System tab and the Display tab, you can do this by pushing print screen on your keyboard, then open paint, paste the picture, save it, open up Imageshack, browse for the file, once it's uploaded, scroll to the bottom of the page and copy the 'Direct Link', then come here, make your post, click the 'Image' button, which is just above the post, paste the direct link there, and post the message.)
2. Fof version?
(If you don't know what version you have, where did you download it from? or if you can get in-game look in the credits)
3. Graphics drivers up to date?
(If you dont know what graphics card you have, then either go to your Desktop > Right Click > Properties > Settings and it will tell you in 'Display' next to the monitor, or you can go to Start > Run, and type in: dxdiag, and then click on the 'Display' tab at the top.
It is most likely that you will have an NVIDIA, ATI or INTEL graphics card, so go to their website and get the correct graphics drivers.)

4. Desktop color quality set to 32bit?
(Desktop > Right Click > Properties > Settings > Color Quality)
5. Anything in your log file?
Either- (Start > Run > %appdata%/fretsonfire/fretsonfire.log)
Or look in your main fretsonfire folder

If you're using fretsonfire version 1.2.512 or 1.3.110, (latest versions which are full of bugs), I would recommend that you-

(If you have a load of songs already and dont want to delete them, then move them out of the folder before you do this.)

Delete your current fof,
Delete your fretsonfire.ini, and the fretsonfire text document (Start > Run > %appdata%/fretsonfire/)
Either download this (full playable release of 1.2.451 with RF-Mod)- viewtopic.php?p=87518#p87518
Or if you want it closer to rockband or guitarhero, get this instead (full playable release of 1.2.451 with FoFiX mod)- viewtopic.php?f=11&t=34231&p=358245#p358245
(you may need to create a songs folder in your data folder to put in the songs)

Mike.
Songs Finished: 82,
Metallica - Papa Roach - Disturbed - Bloodhound Gang
darthmars1

Postby darthmars1 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:07 pm

BlackFate wrote:1. Computer specifications?
(either list them, or Go to Start > Run and type in dxdiag, and then please post a picture of the System tab and the Display tab, you can do this by pushing print screen on your keyboard, then open paint, paste the picture, save it, open up Imageshack, browse for the file, once it's uploaded, scroll to the bottom of the page and copy the 'Direct Link', then come here, make your post, click the 'Image' button, which is just above the post, paste the direct link there, and post the message.)
2. Fof version?
(If you don't know what version you have, where did you download it from? or if you can get in-game look in the credits)
3. Graphics drivers up to date?
(If you dont know what graphics card you have, then either go to your Desktop > Right Click > Properties > Settings and it will tell you in 'Display' next to the monitor, or you can go to Start > Run, and type in: dxdiag, and then click on the 'Display' tab at the top.
It is most likely that you will have an NVIDIA, ATI or INTEL graphics card, so go to their website and get the correct graphics drivers.)

4. Desktop color quality set to 32bit?
(Desktop > Right Click > Properties > Settings > Color Quality)
5. Anything in your log file?
Either- (Start > Run > %appdata%/fretsonfire/fretsonfire.log)
Or look in your main fretsonfire folder

If you're using fretsonfire version 1.2.512 or 1.3.110, (latest versions which are full of bugs), I would recommend that you-

(If you have a load of songs already and dont want to delete them, then move them out of the folder before you do this.)

Delete your current fof,
Delete your fretsonfire.ini, and the fretsonfire text document (Start > Run > %appdata%/fretsonfire/)
Either download this (full playable release of 1.2.451 with RF-Mod)- https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewt ... 518#p87518
Or if you want it closer to rockband or guitarhero, get this instead (full playable release of 1.2.451 with FoFiX mod)- https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewt ... 45#p358245

Mike.

You've made an error... you gave the link to FoFiX 3.121.0.0 not 1.2.451
BlackFate

Postby BlackFate » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:12 pm

darthmars1 wrote:
BlackFate wrote:(full playable release of 1.2.451 with FoFiX mod)- viewtopic.php?f=11&t=34231&p=358245#p358245

Not quite, 1.2.451 is the version of fretsonfire that FoFiX was modified from.

Mike.
darthmars1

Postby darthmars1 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:15 pm

BlackFate wrote:
darthmars1 wrote:
BlackFate wrote:(full playable release of 1.2.451 with FoFiX mod)- viewtopic.php?f=11&t=34231&p=358245#p358245

Not quite, 1.2.451 is the version of fretsonfire that FoFiX was modified from.

Mike.

I've been getting a wierd bug from it "Please insert disk into drive"
It does that after I pick My character (witch is wierd because they didn't have does a few months ago when i was playing)
Braastad

Postby Braastad » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:02 pm

1: Guess you don't understand norwegian, but here it is.

2: Version 1.3.110
Downloaded from here: http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/.

3: The Graphics drivers are up to date

4: Desktop color quality is set to 32bit

5: The logfile says:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'data\\flame1.svg'
I guess that's the problem?

I will try the next steps :)
Thank you!

Braastad.

Edit: If there is any easier way to fix the problem, let me know before I uninstall FoF :)
BlackFate

Postby BlackFate » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:22 am

Braastad wrote:Version 1.3.110
Downloaded from here: http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/.

BlackFate wrote:If you're using fretsonfire version 1.2.512 or 1.3.110, (latest versions which are full of bugs), I would recommend that you-

Delete your current fof,
Either download this (full playable release of 1.2.451 with RF-Mod)- viewtopic.php?p=87518#p87518
Or if you want it closer to rockband or guitarhero, get this instead (full playable release of 1.2.451 with FoFiX mod)- viewtopic.php?f=11&t=34231&p=358245#p358245

Doing this should help you then, most people would recommend that you use FoFiX.

Mike.

Return to “Tech Support”