Song plays too fast (it's in stereo)

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 7 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
biznatch

Postby biznatch » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:08 am

I downloaded a new song, there was no song.ogg so when I missed a note it went silent. So I copied and pasted guitar.ogg and renamed it song.ogg. Now, when I play the correct note, it plays way too fast, as if the guitar.ogg file is messed up. When I miss notes/don't play anything, it plays normal speed, which seems to mean song.ogg is fine. (Consequently, about half way through the song the fast stuff stops, because it ends way sooner) But, if I then delete song.ogg, it goes back to sounding fine when I play the correct notes but nothing when I miss notes. It's like just the presence of song.ogg is messing up guitar.ogg.

I read the thing about songs playing to fast and that they have to be stereo. I opened up the files in Audacity and both song.ogg and guitar.ogg were already in stereo.
bojtospeter

Re: Song plays too fast (it's in stereo)

Postby bojtospeter » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:12 pm

Hi,

change the sampling rate of the ogg file using audacity (for song.ogg, guitar.ogg and rhythm.ogg). The goal is to have 44100 Hz sampling rate in the file.
Open the file in Audacity, change the sampling rate to 44100 in the bottom left corner, then export the ogg file (overwriting the original).

More info on how to change the sampling rate:
http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/2335 ... h-Audacity

Have fun :)
YeaaOhhh!!
siavash

Postby siavash » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:27 pm

There's no need to respond to questions from eight and a half years ago.
SJCarline

Postby SJCarline » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:33 pm

Really? no reason to respond? this showed up as the second result in google. If this guy hadn't answered i'd still be looking for the answer...
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:54 pm

SJCarline wrote:Really? no reason to respond? this showed up as the second result in google. If this guy hadn't answered i'd still be looking for the answer...

No there really wasn't a need. And you really cannot be looking very hard if this was basically your only choice for an answer. That exact question regarding songs playing to fast has been answered at LEAST 30 times on this site alone..

So no there really wasnt a need to wake a necro post which has been dead for so many years. Especially when we have the exact same question and answers posted here so many times...
Oh and would you believe it.. On this and every page of the tech support area, near the top you will see a link for a post titled /******READ THIS POST BEFORE POSTING IN THIS SECTION!******\
That is basically our FAQ, guess what question and answer is sat in there and has been for god knows how many years... This Question..

AS QUOTED..
If your songs are going out of sync/out of pitch/distorted/slow/fast, then-

Resample your song to 16-bit stereo at 44100 Hz and try again. There's a way to do this in most audio editing programs; Audacity is an example of such a program.
In Audacity, set the project sample rate (bottom left of the window) to 44100Hz and export to OGG. Alternatively, you can use any of dozens of quality programs like dbPowerAmp to convert formats/sample rates/etc.
You may need to use a program such as Winamp to convert the song to a 44100 .wav file, then import that to Audacity and convert it to .ogg.

If the song is playing too fast, another problem could be that your guitar and song.ogg files are in Mono rather than Stereo format, see here-

And this old necro post was your best and only solution to this problem for you. Dude you have ZERO internet searching skills :tongue:
You know, we have a search function on this site, to help find posts in regards to FOF related stuff.. it's very nice and works well, and it only returns results found on this website, not every website in the world :wink:
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
SJCarline

Postby SJCarline » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:36 am

oh yeah i found it like a while after posting lol i completely forgot about this...

Return to “Tech Support”