Windows 7...Another Masterpiece

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 13 years and 11 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
MeloDeath Charter
ihas67accounts

Windows 7...Another Masterpiece

Postby ihas67accounts » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:56 pm

So yesterday i was so excited to upgrade from windows XP up to Windows 7... So i just got around to installing FoFiX and i ran it under kids rock band mod...i was so surprised to find the hellacious lag i was getting, so i downgraded to the uberlight theme, and still it was so laggy i couldnt even play one note...any help with windows new masterpiece would be appericated...btw i dont want posts like this : "OH FOFIX WORKS FINE ON MY WINDOWS 7"

FoFiX ran fine on XP

Visit my song thread and leave me song feedback :D
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Re: Windows 7...Another Masterpiece

Postby amak11 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:01 pm

Try the vendors drivers, not the ones that come with the Windows 7 installation
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

MeloDeath Charter
ihas67accounts

Postby ihas67accounts » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:07 pm

amak11 wrote:Try the vendors drivers, not the ones that come with the Windows 7 installation

Ok what ones will i need to download?

The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:12 pm

ihas67accounts wrote:
amak11 wrote:Try the vendors drivers, not the ones that come with the Windows 7 installation

Post your specs

This is just a video card driver issue.

Goto either,

Here for Nvidia video cards

Here for ATI video cards

or here for Intel video cards
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

MeloDeath Charter
ihas67accounts

Postby ihas67accounts » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:26 pm

amak11 wrote:
ihas67accounts wrote:

Post your specs

Goto either,

Here for ATI video cards

I actually dont have my specs on hand...im not a genius on a computer though so if you know a way to find my specs tell me and i can post them....my computer was custom built so i dont have the specs on the computer anywhere

R4nd0M

Postby R4nd0M » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:33 am

ihas67accounts wrote:I actually dont have my specs on hand...im not a genius on a computer though so if you know a way to find my specs tell me and i can post them....my computer was custom built so i dont have the specs on the computer anywhere

Hold down the Windows key and press R. Type "dxdiag" without quotes and hit enter. Relevant PC specs right there.

Video card info can be found on the "Video" tab.
Bye.
Twer

Postby Twer » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:00 am

Make a new partition on the harddrive and install some other version of Windows ( XP etc. ). That's what I did to play FoF as it's not working on Win7.

Myself I have already updated all the drivers and done everything I could, but nothing has helped with the problem. Tried to get the solution that: I was trying to find it for a few months, didn't find anything.
iceshards8

Postby iceshards8 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:49 am

Use python 2.4, not 2.6. 2.6 will lag you.
(0) <-- The Eye
angellinus

Postby angellinus » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:09 am

Download OpenGL Google for it!
googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:47 am

Twer wrote:Make a new partition on the harddrive and install some other version of Windows ( XP etc. ). That's what I did to play FoF as it's not working on Win7.

Myself I have already updated all the drivers and done everything I could, but nothing has helped with the problem. Tried to get the solution that: I was trying to find it for a few months, didn't find anything.

angellinus wrote:Download OpenGL Google for it!
iceshards8 wrote:Use python 2.4, not 2.6. 2.6 will lag you.

Ignore these people.

amak11 wrote:
ihas67accounts wrote:

Post your specs

Goto either,

Here for ATI video cards

Listen to this person.

An easy way to get your specs is to go Start > run > devmgmt.msc and all your hardware will be listed there. You are looking for your display adapter.
(0) <-- The Eye
angellinus

Postby angellinus » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:18 am

Hey I made my horrible LAG fixed in WIn7 by downloading Opengl here:http://developer.nvidia.com/object/opengl_driver.html

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

Return to “Tech Support”