Out of Synch Issue

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 16 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Gilchrest

Postby Gilchrest » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:11 pm

Hello,

The problem I'm having could be hardware-related, but I wouldn't know. Basically, every song I play is slightly out of synch and is about one beat off. (The video is one beat slower then the song). The problem is that it doesn't snowball, it remains exactly one beat too slow throughout the song.

-I've tried adjusting the a/v delay to 300. It appears to have no effect.

-I've also dumbed down the graphics to the point where I'm running light graphics mode, no gimmicks and no mod. This does nothing to change the problem.

-I have upped the bpm for almost every song because, for some reason, everyone who makes songs seems to like them slow. I prefer the "guitar hero equivalent hard and expert difficulty" speed. 100 BPM is too slow for me.

My computer specs are as follows: Pentium 4, 3ghz, 1gb ram, Video card is an Radeon x1300. Not sure on the ram of the card, probably 512 but could be 256.

Anyways. Hardware could be the issue, but eh. If thats the case, I'll wait for rockband rather than spend 1k for a new comp.

Your help and thoughts are appreciated. :)

-Evan
el nini

Postby el nini » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:23 pm

Well... playing with the AV delay might be your only hope. Your hardware should run it properly. Hell, on Lite mode it runs well enough on my crappy Athlon XP 1.2Ghz.

TBH, I'm not sure whether you need to go + or - with the AV delay. But yeah, I'd keep moving it around 'till it's right.
Its just like life. Quite interesting in parts, but no substitute for the real thing.
mmsven

Postby mmsven » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:29 pm

A/V delay is in milliseconds, I doubt adding 200 would get it across 1 beat. Add or subtract more.
TarrasQ

Postby TarrasQ » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:49 am

I have exactly the same problem. It started after I upgraded my hardware. Could be hard- or software related, because I have a different sound card now with different drivers.

Athlon 64 3800+, 2GB, GF8400GS
Fedora Core 6
Rogue_F

Postby Rogue_F » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:30 am

increase or decrease your sound buffer size. It adds and removes a noticable bit of delay (more than the AV delay allows)

-Alex
kdb424

Postby kdb424 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:13 pm

My friend steeve plays on my FOF and says it's off, and I stink at GH for a while at GH when going back to it for a while, so it's a standard timing issue. Someone needs to address it, because I look like a moron for it!
mixmax

Postby mixmax » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:27 am

You can adjust delay in the .ini file just add
delay = 2000 or(what ever it tackes to sync)
whatakevin

Postby whatakevin » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:15 am

kdb424 wrote:My friend steeve plays on my FOF and says it's off, and I stink at GH for a while at GH when going back to it for a while, so it's a standard timing issue. Someone needs to address it, because I look like a moron for it!

thats cuz the prespective is different

Return to “Tech Support”