Errors I Can't fix! Help? - a weird pop-up message

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
tcpacdc14

Postby tcpacdc14 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:26 pm

Okay, I'm trying to run the game, but when I click the icon, all it does is this:

---------------------------
cx_Freeze: Python error in main script
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "c:\users\proj\cx_Freeze-3.0.3\initscripts\console.py", line 27, in ?
File "src/FretsOnFire.py", line 68, in ?
File "src\GameEngine.py", line 149, in
File "src\Audio.py", line 49, in open
error: DirectSoundCreate: No audio device found

Any Help?
ImageImage
xbox360922

Postby xbox360922 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:38 pm

Are your audio drivers installed correctly and up to date?
Are you using the latest version? If yes, go back a version or get RF-Mod.
Last edited by xbox360922 on Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:34 am

error: DirectSoundCreate: No audio device found

It basically cant see your sound card!! thats a problem! have you got sound from everything else?
my first guess would be check your sound card is seated properly on your mother board, then id say check your drivers ( alltho that shouldnt be much of an issue) ive not updated the sound card driver on this computer for over a year.

BTW what version of FOF are you running? if its V1.2.512 id get rid of it and get V1.2.451 as its a lot more stable
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
jdawgg

Postby jdawgg » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:40 am

BTW what version of FOF are you running? if its V1.2.512 id get rid of it and get V1.2.451 as its a lot more stable

yes that is a buggy version...
what ever you do do not click this link :angry:
98% of the Internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that doesn't have one, copy and paste this into your sig.......NOW! :cool:
tcpacdc14

Postby tcpacdc14 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:09 pm

Well, to be honest, I'm kinda new to all of this. I don't know what sound cards are!!! :p
Please elaborate.
ImageImage
tcpacdc14

Postby tcpacdc14 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:21 pm

NEW ERROR!!
I just reinstalled the game, and it comes on now. In fact, I'm listening to that annoying bass and drums track on the menu!
But now, it get this message:
cx_Freeze: Python error in main script
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "c:\users\proj\cx_Freeze-3.0.3\initscripts\console.py", line 27, in ?
File "src/FretsOnFire.py", line 79, in ?
File "src\GameEngine.py", line 376, in run
File "src\Dialogs.py", line 1153, in showMessage
File "src\Dialogs.py", line 1043, in _runDialog
File "src\GameEngine.py", line 366, in run
SystemExit: 1

Help?
ImageImage
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:22 pm

ok before you re-installed the game, did you delete your fretsonfire.ini ( the one located in the hidden appdata folder)?

Before any re-install of fretsonfire ( whatever version ) you should allways delete your fretsonfire.ini file
To find it in windows, click START, then RUN, in the little box that pops up type this %appdata%/ Then it should open a window, with lots of folders in it. Find the one called Fretsonfire and delete it. THEN you can install your new version of frets. if you dont delete it, any errors you had before will be present also in this install. Either that or you will usually have some sort of problem with the game.
Last edited by nobby76 on Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
tcpacdc14

Postby tcpacdc14 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:20 pm

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!

It's working perfectly fine now!!

Now, 2 new questions for anyone out there:

1). Is it possible to put frets on fire onto a disc to play on a Playstation2? If So, how?

2). Can you burn frets on fire to a disc to play it one someone else's pc like a cd-rom? If so, how?

Thanks again, nobby76
ImageImage
Masterincs

Postby Masterincs » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:27 pm

Hi, I just got it and I think its the sam problem as the other guy but I get the message: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "c:/user/proj/cx_Freeze-3.0.3/initscript/console.py", line 27, in?
File "src/FretsOnFire.py", line 79, in?
File "src/GameEngine.py", line 354, in run SystemExit: 0
Please help, I really wanna try this.
Oh ya, the title is cx_Freeze: Python error in main script
Last edited by Masterincs on Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desertman123

Postby Desertman123 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:55 pm

1: NO! If you can get a ps2 to read PC coded data with .ogg instead .vag then your a genius. Also most/ all ps2 games have a SYSTEM.CNF and SLUS_***.** (SCUS etc.). Also most videos on a ps2 are .pss, images (well for guitar hero 1-rock the 80s, not 3) are bmp_ps2, tex and png_ps2. You would need a way of encoding the data folder in a way that it stores 100% readable data to it with a header (like in GH it's MAIN.HDR which is the file header and the MAIN_0.ARK is the data stor-er). Also ps2s don't have python =P. If you can get windows running of a ps2/ps3 then download and playin FoF might be possible
2: It's called a FoF live dvd, to make it work like comp games you need to create an autorun.exe when burning the ISO to a disc.
Don't AIM me.
jdawgg

Postby jdawgg » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:26 am

Desertman123 wrote:1: NO! If you can get a ps2 to read PC coded data with .ogg instead .vag then your a genius. Also most/ all ps2 games have a SYSTEM.CNF and SLUS_***.** (SCUS etc.). Also most videos on a ps2 are .pss, images (well for guitar hero 1-rock the 80s, not 3) are bmp_ps2, tex and png_ps2. You would need a way of encoding the data folder in a way that it stores 100% readable data to it with a header (like in GH it's MAIN.HDR which is the file header and the MAIN_0.ARK is the data stor-er). Also ps2s don't have python =P. If you can get windows running of a ps2/ps3 then download and playin FoF might be possible
2: It's called a FoF live dvd, to make it work like comp games you need to create an autorun.exe when burning the ISO to a disc.

on the second one if you did it (depending on your CD-ROM speed) it would lag
what ever you do do not click this link :angry:

98% of the Internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that doesn't have one, copy and paste this into your sig.......NOW! :cool:

tcpacdc14

Postby tcpacdc14 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:21 pm

Desertman123 wrote:1: NO! If you can get a ps2 to read PC coded data with .ogg instead .vag then your a genius. Also most/ all ps2 games have a SYSTEM.CNF and SLUS_***.** (SCUS etc.). Also most videos on a ps2 are .pss, images (well for guitar hero 1-rock the 80s, not 3) are bmp_ps2, tex and png_ps2. You would need a way of encoding the data folder in a way that it stores 100% readable data to it with a header (like in GH it's MAIN.HDR which is the file header and the MAIN_0.ARK is the data stor-er). Also ps2s don't have python =P. If you can get windows running of a ps2/ps3 then download and playin FoF might be possible

Could you elaborate on the FoF live dvd and maybe a step-by-step to help me with burning it?
I'm new at this
ImageImage
rararasputine

Postby rararasputine » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:23 pm

Ok when I open up frets on fire it opens up good but when I go to play it everything skips alot so I can't play it. I'm thinking its the video card or somthing but I just wanted to check to make sure.
tcpacdc14

Postby tcpacdc14 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:39 pm

Closing.... No new posts...
ImageImage

Return to “Tech Support”