Rock Band Special Edition Xbox 360 for FoF?

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
KJR79

Rock Band Special Edition Xbox 360 for FoF?

Postby KJR79 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:12 am

I've been playing with the wired 360 x-plorer guitar for years now and my sister (who has one too) and I have had many great battles in FoF/FoFiX multiplayer. I want to try the drums and microphone so on Black Friday I purchased Rock Band Special Edition Xbox 360 bundle for cheap. I was wondering if anyone has this and does everything work with FoF? I haven't opened the box yet (have to wait for Christmas) but it looks like it's got a wired guitar which I assume will work like the x-plorer one does (with the tilting of the guitar for star power I hope). It's also got drums and a microphone (not like I have to tell you guys, it's been out for a few years now, lol).

Will the guitar, drums, and microphone all work on FoF (can I use the included usb hub or just plug them directly into the computer?). If so, will it all work at the same time in multiplayer with FoFiX? I would like to set it up like you would on a console with two people playing the guitars, a person playing drums, and a person with the microphone at the same time. Is this possible with FoF/FoFiX right now? I have the latest "final" version of FoFiX running on Vista 64. If it won't, it's time to take this back as I don't have a 360 and would rather play FoF anyway since I have a lot more songs with it. Thanks.
InuMatLP531

Re: Rock Band Special Edition Xbox 360 for FoF?

Postby InuMatLP531 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:21 am

The microphone should work since its just a standard USB microphone. There is an option where you have to set the total possible number of players (mine is set to 2 so I guess you'd have to set yours to 4 for full band). I guess as long as you dont run out of USB ports, you can use all the instruments at the same time, however I haven't really seen anyone use full band.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:22 am

Yup, everything works for FoF. All you need is Bluetooth receiver(if your controllers are using Bluetooth tech.)
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:14 am

acrox999 wrote:Yup, everything works for FoF. All you need is Bluetooth receiver(if your controllers are using Bluetooth tech.)

...Which they aren't, since, you know. It's for the XBOX 360.

Wired Guitar and Wired Mic will both work fine. Wired Drums should too. The most you would need is the drivers, which you already have, since you use the x-plorer.

If you have the RB2 kit, you'll need a Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver to receive signal from the wireless drum controller, but that only applies to the drums, and only if it is the kit for Rock Band 2.

Dammit, Acrox. Bluetooth? Do you even read threads?
KJR79

Postby KJR79 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:09 pm

Thanks guys! Glad to hear that they will all work on the computer, this should be fun! Now I hope they all work at the same time and don't have conflicts with one another, that's my worry now. Anyone have any experience using the guitar, microphone, and drums at the same time with FoF/FoFiX?
Tormann71

Postby Tormann71 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:40 pm

I've used the Guitar and Drums simultaneously, and you might be better off using Xpadder to map your controls. I've had some conflicts with them, but both of mine are wireless, so it might work differently wired.
googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:16 am

Just out of curiosity, what is performance like for full band play? Considering a lot of us find it hard to get reliable performance on single player?
KJR79

Postby KJR79 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:38 am

I wanted to follow-up on this for anyone wondering how it worked. I can say that it works great! I've had FoF jamming with two guitars, drums, and microphone and also with three guitars. It's a lot of fun. Only lag I saw was with the lyrics for the microphone, it does slow it down a little but not enough to affect the game. Without the lyrics it runs perfect! I do have to set the controls each time we play but that's probably because I unplug everything when we're done. We've had great jam sessions, thanks for the help guys!
omgyouredead
ryanpanties

Postby ryanpanties » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:11 am

KJR79 wrote:I wanted to follow-up on this for anyone wondering how it worked. I can say that it works great! I've had FoF jamming with two guitars, drums, and microphone and also with three guitars. It's a lot of fun. Only lag I saw was with the lyrics for the microphone, it does slow it down a little but not enough to affect the game. Without the lyrics it runs perfect! I do have to set the controls each time we play but that's probably because I unplug everything when we're done. We've had great jam sessions, thanks for the help guys!

Thanks for the followup. That's awfully considerate compared to most Tech Support OP-ers, hehe.

:2thumbsup:

Return to “Tech Support”