Lots of Display Problems - Nvidea geforce 6 6200 256

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 16 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Slinkey1981

Postby Slinkey1981 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:43 am

OK, the title gives the basics.

When updating to the newest version of the forceware (official) drivers for winXP (v169.21 for WinXP 32bit), I get severe artifacting in the game.

The backgrounds work, but any text menus, notes, keys, necks, and meters are just unintelligible blocks.

If I were smart I would have taken a screenie before system restoring my old drivers...

Which leads me to my next problem:

After returning to version 84.21 (I know, it's real old) my windowed mode won't run in the game.

It did right before my update, I even downloaded a driver removal tool and reloaded my 84.21 version...

If anyone can help me out a bit, I would really appreciate it.

My general specs:

XP sp2 build 5200

Intel Celeron 2.53GHz
1 gig ram
nVidea GeForce 6 6200 256 apg

Seriously, I am kinda lost.
purplee

Postby purplee » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:54 am

I have the exact same problem (the new nvidia driver update must have caused it) and i've currently found no possible solution other than downgrading the drivers. You can still play the game like this though, it just makes it hard to determine which song you're picking lol.
Purple's a fruit.

Slinkey1981

Postby Slinkey1981 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:32 pm

There has to be someone that has this working...

Anyone with the new Forceware (Or newer than 84.21) able to use windowed mode?

Seriously guys, I'm just asking if anyone has a 6 series GeForce card, and what driver version you are using.....

Return to “Tech Support”