fofix runs slow on win7

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 3 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Your Xtreminess
xtremeshredder

Re: fofix runs slow on win7

Postby xtremeshredder » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:21 pm

idk if this will work for some, this worked for me. i found if i exit alg.exe on my computer, it works better. alg.exe was taking up to much CPU.
R.I.P. Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan, 12/28/09
smaurice2001

Postby smaurice2001 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:39 pm

Same problem "FoFiX running slow as hell" running Catalyst 10.2
I downgrade to Catalyst 9.12 and its now running perfectly. :2thumbsup:
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:48 pm

I use windows 7 on a pentium dual core 2.0ghz, with 3 gb of ram, with a intel gfx chip. I can run the game on full with every possible grachic option turned on, and it runs beautifully. Also this is a laptop that hasnt been upgraded, so it seems that your issue might be completely driver related. Possibly the windows 7 drivers for your video card do not properly support opengl.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Farfegnugen

Postby Farfegnugen » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:32 pm

I just tried playing FoFiX after upgrading to Windows 7 back in October (it's been a while, I know). Everything worked great when I had FoFiX 3.120 and Vista x64. Now I'm running 3.121 and Windows 7 x64, and it's laggy as all hell. My system isn't the problem. Core i7 920, 6GB DDR3 RAM, 1GB GeForce GTS 250. Upgraded to the latest nVidia drivers and Realtek Audio drivers. Still lagging.

[EDIT] Fixed the problem. For some reason Python 2.6 and OpenGL 3 were causing the problem. I switched to FoFiX 3.121 with Python 2.4 and OpenGL 2 and everything works beautifully. Interesting.
I like pointy things
Roryos01

Postby Roryos01 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:29 pm

I think it comes down to exactly what your set up is in the end, and how it works with what version of windows you're using. Cus it runs like a dream for me on 7, but it was incredibly choppy when I was on XP.
GH2
GH:WT Drum
RockBand Hero
HL2
GH5 Drum
DJ Hero

get the SUPER EPIC HOTDOG FRETS+ from here!...Kingdom hearts frets+notes+hitflame guitar only...Coraline Button notes (an acquired taste...)
It's not that I don't want to make those collapse sig look nice, I just can't be bothered...

Spoiler:

death_au wrote:
jfosheezy wrote:fly doodle

*snickers*

iceshards8

Postby iceshards8 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:50 pm

Farfegnugen wrote:I just tried playing FoFiX after upgrading to Windows 7 back in October (it's been a while, I know). Everything worked great when I had FoFiX 3.120 and Vista x64. Now I'm running 3.121 and Windows 7 x64, and it's laggy as all hell. My system isn't the problem. Core i7 920, 6GB DDR3 RAM, 1GB GeForce GTS 250. Upgraded to the latest nVidia drivers and Realtek Audio drivers. Still lagging.

[EDIT] Fixed the problem. For some reason Python 2.6 and OpenGL 3 were causing the problem. I switched to FoFiX 3.121 with Python 2.4 and OpenGL 2 and everything works beautifully. Interesting.

Same. Python 2.4 runs much smoother on my machine with very similar specs (exact same except GTX260 instead). Python 2.6 is indeed the problem for some slowdowns.
groggycl

Postby groggycl » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:27 am

phyton its just a matter of installing it? or should I open something before playing the game? how do i know wich opengl I'm using?.

I don't have a powerfull pc but it should run this thing and it runs little slow and the delay, lag whatever u call it, its terrible, any hint on how to work it out? it's preset on 100.

My pc:
Zotac ion 330 (1,6 ghz x2 atom), nvidia ion (geforce 9400), 2 gigs ram corsair 800mhz very high quality ram, seagate sataII hard drive....
kahuna1

Postby kahuna1 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:20 am

i got the same problem.. zotac ion 330 4ghz 800mhz ram and when playing on 640x480 it stutters sometime :(
maybe i need to try python2.4 also

Return to “Tech Support”