Freezing on Songlist

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Roflmaniac

Freezing on Songlist

Postby Roflmaniac » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:04 pm

When my Frets on Fire game tries to load the songlist, it gets frozen on the "Loading Songlist" screen.
Every time i try to play, this happens. Do i need to download Frets again?
mogwais

Re: Freezing on Songlist

Postby mogwais » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:50 am

There's a few posts about this, and I think it's in the FAQ section as well...

But go to your options and change your sorting options.. Sometimes that will fix it (can't remember why the problem happens off the top of my head).. If not you can re-install it to fix it

Also, you might want to consider removing some of the last songs you put into the collection. I think this problem can happen when there are corrupt song files, so if you can remove them..
My song thread! Updated daily!Over 70 Songs!
Crystal Castles Album!
Current Goals
-Complete all of the song awards in the World Starpower Chart (wembly)
-Obtain a total of 2000 gold stars
-Have a combined total of 1000 downloads of the charts I've made (currently 500-600)
InuMatLP531

Postby InuMatLP531 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:34 pm

Maybe try deleting the .fofix-cache and re-cache everything. This happened to me before but just on the Rock Band 2 theme. I solved it by reverting to a previous revision. If the Loading... screen is taking a long time, switch your theme to Megalight (it seems to go faster on less demanding themes).
niart

Postby niart » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:52 am

I'm having a similar problem due to renaming a folder. Can anyone tell me where to find the fofix cache files on os x?
InuMatLP531

Postby InuMatLP531 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:31 pm

niart wrote:I'm having a similar problem due to renaming a folder. Can anyone tell me where to find the fofix cache files on os x?

You have to control click on the FoF folder and go to "show package contents". The songs folder will be there which houses the cache files.
Last edited by InuMatLP531 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
niart

Postby niart » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:11 pm

InuMatLP531 wrote:
niart wrote:I'm having a similar problem due to renaming a folder. Can anyone tell me where to find the fofix cache files on os x?

You have to control click on the FoF folder and go to "show package contents". The songs folder will be there which houses the cache files.

That wasn't actually the problem for me. I found the cache files eventually, they're by default hidden files on os x, so you need to first unhide hidden files, then you can delete them.

Return to “Tech Support”