IndexError: list index out of range

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 2 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
rmmnoronha

IndexError: list index out of range

Postby rmmnoronha » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:04 pm

I've already read all I found in the forum about this problem, and I tried change the SONG.INI file as suggested, but the problem is still there. It started when I changed from alarian mod to fofix 3.021 with GH3 3.20 theme. The songs are working, because I have already played them on the other mod.

I don't know if there is anything about, but the songs that don't show a dificulty level (I mean that they show N/D in easy, medium, hard and expert) are the only ones in trouble.

I tried to find another topic about THIS problem, but I found only similar problems which the answer couldn't solve mine. If anybody can help, PLZZ.

I'm Brazilian, so sorry for my mistakes ;P

Thx

Edit 1 - there are songs that shows N/D where it should appear the higher points reached in that song. When it occurs to all levels (easy, medium, hard and expert) the song is corrupted (the problem occurs). So, how can I change this f*** N/D status to the score achieved? I think this is the problem
Last edited by rmmnoronha on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mass Effect FTW :)
BlackFate

Re: IndexError: list index out of range

Postby BlackFate » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:38 pm

Songs Finished: 82,
Metallica - Papa Roach - Disturbed - Bloodhound Gang
rmmnoronha

Postby rmmnoronha » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:33 pm

yes

as i mentioned before, i'e already changed the SONG.INI file several times (as they suggest), but it didn't work.
murphybeck

Postby murphybeck » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:51 am

The way Python indexing works is that it starts at 0, so the first number of your list would be [0]. Index Error: List index out of range means you are trying to get an item in a list that doesn't exist. It means that you are referring to n-th element of the python list, while the length of the list is smaller than n. whenever you get this type of error please cross check with items that comes between/middle in range, and insure that their index is not last if you get output then you have made perfect error that mentioned.

An index in Python refers to a position within an ordered list . To retrieve an element of the list, you use the index operator ([]) . Using indexing you can easily get any element by its position.

Return to “Tech Support”