Wiitar and Whammy Bar

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 11 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
SeeChrisRock

Wiitar and Whammy Bar

Postby SeeChrisRock » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:00 pm

I am currently using DarwiinRemote and my Wiitar on my Mac 10.4.10 to play FoF 3.100 alpha (r1075) with Worldraves GH3 Mod 2.0. Considering what I have, what can I do to use my whammy bar?
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Re: Wiitar and Whammy Bar

Postby acrox999 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:27 am

If I'm not mistaken, the latest BETA of FOFIX already has a whammy-ing feature. Get the whammy module from HERE and install it. Oh, you need Python 2.4 as well. And then, open FOFIX and go to settings menu>audio>Effect:From Killswitch to Whammy. I hope this help you. :wink:
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:20 am

acrox999 wrote:If I'm not mistaken, the latest BETA of FOFIX already has a whammy-ing feature. Get the whammy module from HERE and install it. Oh, you need Python 2.4 as well. And then, open FOFIX and go to settings menu>audio>Effect:From Killswitch to Whammy. I hope this help you. :wink:

Might I ask how the Windows version of said module will be useful to a Mac user? Also, how could he be running alpha at all without having Python?

It's been in since 3.100 beta 1, and is supported in the stable release. (I don't know, though, whether the Mac package includes it.) It was added at some revision in the 600s, so he by all means has support for it.

SeeChrisRock, why are you running such an old alpha? The whole point of running alpha is to keep up with the latest development (and the latest breakage).
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:28 am

Oh yeah, sorry. I didn't saw it. Man, guess I'm really tired. And, oh yeah, he said alpha. I don't know but the latest revision is above his revision. I think he downloaded the BETA, the one MFH put in the GC page. The latest revision is said to be FOFIX 3.120, am I right?
trinidude4

Postby trinidude4 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:38 pm

The Mac packages have the pitchbend module included.
I think the problem is with DarwiinRemote. I don't think the game recognizes the analog whammy if you are using DarwiinRemote, but I'm not too sure about that. I've been using Wiitar and I had to assign a key to the whammy bar just to use it as a killswitch.

--Edit--
I got the whammy working with my Wii GHWT Guitar and Osculator. Just set the whammy to emulate an HID Joystick and set the game to use the XBOX whammy setting.

Return to “Tech Support”