New songs in FoFiX 3.1xx

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 15 years and 3 days old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Quiquin_Z

New songs in FoFiX 3.1xx

Postby Quiquin_Z » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:39 pm

Hi I'm using FoFiX and it's all great, but whenever I add certain songs, the game freezes at the browsing collection screen. This continues until I remove that song. (It only happens with some individual songs, the Guitar Hero / Rock Band Packs work fine)

Any help is appreciated
Thanks
nefarious

Re: New songs in FoFiX 3.1xx

Postby nefarious » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:47 pm

Some required files might be missing or maybe its like a folder within a folder under songs.
My Guitar Hero: On Tour Rips
New ones: Here
re-synced song.ogg's thanks to Moonflow43
skwissgaar my (god)
gen_codehazzard

Postby gen_codehazzard » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:13 pm

nefarious wrote:Some required files might be missing or maybe its like a folder within a folder under songs.

yea the game wont read song`s within 2 folders freeze`s badly its really the cow trail that does it

c:\"program files"\Fofix-3.1xx\data\songs\rgtm-killing in the name of\rgtm-killing in the name of

that will freeze the game
Quiquin_Z

Postby Quiquin_Z » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:20 pm

I checked and all the files are there, and the directory is the same as all my other songs. I even tried using the RF mod and they all work fine there, anyone know why or how to fix it?
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:26 pm

Any errors in the log?
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
Quiquin_Z

Postby Quiquin_Z » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:11 pm

(E) Loading error:Traceback (most recent call last):
File "GameEngine.pyo", line 859, in main
File "Engine.pyo", line 135, in run
File "Engine.pyo", line 123, in _runTask
File "SongChoosingScene.pyo", line 179, in run
File "Dialogs.pyo", line 4550, in chooseSong
File "Dialogs.pyo", line 741, in __init__
File "Dialogs.pyo", line 919, in loadCollection
File "Resource.pyo", line 243, in load
File "Resource.pyo", line 130, in finish
File "Dialogs.pyo", line 928, in libraryListLoaded
File "Resource.pyo", line 243, in load
File "Resource.pyo", line 112, in load
File "Dialogs.pyo", line 928, in <lambda>
File "Song.pyo", line 3915, in getAvailableSongsAndTitles
TypeError: comparison function must return int
amich45

Postby amich45 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:03 am

What are the contents of that folder? And you are selecting just songs as your song folder right, nothing more.
pskepsilon

Postby pskepsilon » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:06 pm

I know this thread is kind of old, but I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is.

That error where it said something about the Type comparison must return Int probably means that you have the sorting category set to something like Instrument Difficulty or Band Difficulty and the song you added doesn't have a 0-6 value for that category, so the program doesn't know what to do with it.

Basically, just force the sort mechanic in the options to Title or Artist, and it should be fine. You should probably change the option to disallow Whammy to Change Sort category so you don't accidentally stumble on this again until this bug's been fixed. The insidious thing about it is that when it hangs, it seems to save the problematic category as the default so even if you restart the program it will hang unless you force the category to default to something else. I just discovered this program last night and ran into this issue pretty quickly; fortunately, I realized the only thing I had done was start changing the sort categories and that's how I knew what the problem was.

Alternatively, perhaps you could try editing the song.ini file to insert a 0-6 value for the band and instrument difficulties. I think the Wiki has a page explaining how to do that.

Return to “Tech Support”