Some Questions About Creating Songs - In Freetar, Multiple difficulties.

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 16 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Ichi_Vanilla

Postby Ichi_Vanilla » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:48 pm

Ok so im about a week into FoF now, ive browsed alot of these help topics and i have a good understanding of how some of the game works and its mechanics, and i just recently made a song (see sig, some of you may not like it much, its a bit more 'extreme' than most the stuff on here but yeah)

anywho, my question is, once i make the song and save it as a .sng and convert it to .mid, get my oggs and my ini, have it all in the folder, its my song, it works, its on expert, everythings dandy. If i wanted to make a medium and hard version of that song would it have to be in a separate folder? or do i compile all these songs to the same mid file? if so how do you compile three into one mid file?

i was looking in the folders from the GHII port songs, and they have four difficulties in the game, yet i see no difference in thier four files than in the games standard songs or my created song, so im assuming thier .mid or .ini file must be different to accomodate for the difficulties.

thanks in advance for any help guys.
My Completed Songs:
Takaru - Pic N Choose (Medium/Hard/Expert)
warhol

Postby warhol » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:55 pm

nukular has instructions about this -_-
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
Ichi_Vanilla

Postby Ichi_Vanilla » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:08 pm

no i understand the whole skill shifter/changer settings, thats just telling the game what difficulty it needs to display, what im asking is when i fret the same song on medium and hard, is there a way i can get the three difficulties in one folder? or am i gonna have to make three separate folders with each difficulty? i dont see how the GH imported songs do the four difficulties with just one song folder, because shoudldnt the notes.mid file just have one set of notes to run over the songs? how could that one file house all three difficulties?
My Completed Songs:

Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:35 am

Each .mid file can have several difficulties. That's how the imported GH ones work. Open one up in Anvil Studio or something to see for yourself how it's laid out.
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
homerrulz

Postby homerrulz » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:50 am

Simply make different .sng files (one for each difficulty) and when you convert the songs using Nukular tools, select the appropriate .sng for the difficulty - you can select multiple sng files when making the notes.mid file in Nukular tools.
My custom songs can now be found in the one place:-Homerrulz Song Thread

It's OUT - DRUM PROJECT 9!
Disturbed - Immortalized Album - https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59539
warhol

Postby warhol » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:49 am

homerrulz wrote:Simply make different .sng files (one for each difficulty) and when you convert the songs using Nukular tools, select the appropriate .sng for the difficulty - you can select multiple sng files when making the notes.mid file in Nukular tools.

And you find this on the nukular site
Ichi_Vanilla

Postby Ichi_Vanilla » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:20 pm

alright, my bad dudes, i saw those multiple windows as putting out multiple files, i had no idea they'd combine into one. my fault for being so lazy and asking instead of doing it myself.
My Completed Songs:

Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:29 pm

I think it says it has a max of 3 files, though (correct me if that's just outdated text). For a fourth difficulty you'd have to merge the files with Anvil.
Goodbye everyone. It's been fun. I spent many many hours here on these boards and playing/contributing to FoF. Today I uninstalled my game and deleted all my files. I just don't have the time or interest anymore. I won't be coming back here anymore. I might show up in the IRC from time to time to chat. I regret nothing.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
warhol

Postby warhol » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:59 pm

jake2k3 wrote:I think it says it has a max of 3 files, though (correct me if that's just outdated text). For a fourth difficulty you'd have to merge the files with Anvil.

I believe a fourth difficulty is actually possible, maybe 3 difficulties is like a safety of your mid file thingy :D

Return to “Tech Support”