Question about editing songs

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 15 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
GBH-138

Question about editing songs

Postby GBH-138 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:51 pm

My brother fretted a song and I'm trying to release it to this site, but a couple of notes where off, so I went back and filled the notes up and Saved the song and when I go back to play it the same exact notes are still missing. I tried fixing them and saving it three times, but every time I go to play the song the same notes are missing. Has this happened to anyone before? Or better yet... Do you have a solution?
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: Question about editing songs

Postby raynebc » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:01 pm

Assuming you were playing the same instrument and difficulty before and after adding the notes, the updated MIDI file must be placed wherever FoF is playing the chart from. If you are editing while FoF is still open, make sure you go back to the song selection and re-select the chart, otherwise it is probably not reloaded from disk.
GBH-138

Postby GBH-138 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:07 pm

What do you mean from the chart? When you say the new version of the song must be somewhere do you mean in my song folder or another version of the song is selectable? I'm new to this whole frets on fire thing so I really appreciate the help.
GBH-138

Postby GBH-138 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:18 pm

Sorry of I'm getting a bit hard to deal with, but you are suggesting to edit the song in game then after save it you suggest to exit FOF and make a new folder?
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:25 pm

Not quite. Just to troubleshoot:

1. Exit FoF
2. Open your song and make sure it still has the notes you want. If so, convert it to a MIDI if you aren't using EOF.
3. Save a copy of (or rename) your old version's MIDI file if you want to keep it.
4. Copy the MIDI file for your updated song into the folder where your old version was. The MIDI file has to be called "notes.mid". If it displays as "notes", Windows might be hiding the .mid file extension and it will still work.
5. Start FoF and play the song. If it still plays the old version, then you might have previously made another copy of the song and placed it wherever your FoF song folder is.
GBH-138

Postby GBH-138 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:54 pm

Does this method includes using the Freetar Editor?
Last edited by GBH-138 on Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GBH-138

Postby GBH-138 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:17 pm

EOF is better for making notes? because Freetar Editor is pretty hard to use IMO.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:29 pm

EOF is perfectly easy to use, it just takes a little while to learn all the cool features. The included tools make it easy to slow playback and verify note and beat sync, and the tempo and anchoring system is as good as it gets. When you save your work, all necessary files (notes.mid, guitar.ogg, song.ini) are stored with your EOF file and all you have to do to play it in FoF is play it.
GBH-138

Postby GBH-138 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:33 pm

It sounds pretty good do you have a link for download or what is the actual name of the program so I can search it. Thanks a lot by the way bro you been great help.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:57 pm

The current release is 1.42:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25014

In addition to the included tutorial and manual, here's a good thread talking about anchoring to sync your chart to the song:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1938

If you have any questions or have difficulties, go ahead and post them in the EOF thread (first link).
GBH-138

Postby GBH-138 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:59 pm

Great program it's so much easier to use this than the in-game editor.
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:34 am

You might want to try feedback as well, there's a few extra steps beforee the song is fully compatible with fof but some prefer it even so (including myself). I just want to make sure that you know your options. ;)

Oh and you can use a regular midi editor as well but it's a bit hard to sync with that unless it has multi track compatibility with proper audio support (Really hard on linux at least).
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
That Norwegian Noob
Dead Player

Postby Dead Player » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:49 am

if your notes disapear, try this:

1. open any editor
2. delete every note in a 3 to 4 note radius of where the disapearing note is
3. input all notes again
4. now it shoud work fine

Stil got problems? Then i am going to post a video tutorial.
Your mother does not count as a fan.

Return to “Tech Support”