Solo sections?

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 15 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
That Norwegian Noob
Dead Player

Solo sections?

Postby Dead Player » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:50 am

Hello! I am making a big song pack named "DEAD HERO" (and mayby a theme to MFH later on), but i got a little problem: i dont know how to add solo sections! Just to dont confuse anybody, i am refering to when the fretboard turn blue in Rock Band and a solo start (yes, it can be added into songs, many custom songs i downloaded have such parts when playing in MFH Rock Band theme, so dont come and say "omg it is impossible in fof omg!")

Anybody knows? :confused:
Your mother does not count as a fan.
R4nd0M

Re: Solo sections?

Postby R4nd0M » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:52 am

Add a text midi event that reads something like: "gtr_solo_1" or anything with the word "solo" in it aside from "organ_solo" etc. End it by adding another event that doesn't contain solo eg: "chorus_3".

In feedback you press R to add text events.
That Norwegian Noob
Dead Player

Postby Dead Player » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:58 am

R4nd0M wrote:Add a text midi event that reads something like: "gtr_solo_1" or anything with the word "solo" in it aside from "organ_solo" etc. End it by adding another event that doesn't contain solo eg: "chorus_3".

Feedback? Is it a program?
R4nd0M

Postby R4nd0M » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:31 am

Dead Player wrote:
R4nd0M wrote:Add a text midi event that reads something like: "gtr_solo_1" or anything with the word "solo" in it aside from "organ_solo" etc. End it by adding another event that doesn't contain solo eg: "chorus_3".

Feedback? Is it a program?

Yeah, it's a fretting program. Which begs the question: what are you using to fret songs right now?
That Norwegian Noob
Dead Player

Postby Dead Player » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:15 am

I found out that i can make as good songs as anybody in the buildt-in FoF editor! Just try my version of the song "96 Quite Bitter Beings" and you will see (NOTE: yes, i got to fix the rapid section to have higher notes, but it is a good song anyways)

EDIT: i cant seem to import my MIDI files into the program, and i dont know how to convert from MIDI to CHART. any ideas?
That Norwegian Noob
Dead Player

Postby Dead Player » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:14 pm

I think the buildt in editor is good enough for making songs, thank you, i just need to know how to convert MIDI to CHART, and CHART to MIDI, then i am happy
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:48 pm

Well, you're already wanting capability that the built-in editor cannot provide. The Feedback users should be able to help you find the right programs to convert between the formats, although I have heard that they might inadvertently alter your chart in a way that is undesired.
That Norwegian Noob
Dead Player

Postby Dead Player » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:30 am

ok i wil try EOF, i misunderstood what you did write the first time... lets see... what the.. the search bar wont search for words whit less than 4 characters!? Ermmm, anybody have a link :S

Return to “Tech Support”