song countdown and ending text lags badly

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 15 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Crazy-san

song countdown and ending text lags badly

Postby Crazy-san » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:12 am

When I try to play any song on FoF it starts of going like a frame every 10 seconds or something, then the song plays fine, then at the end when it gives your score and asks for a name for highscore, it slows down again. any ideas?
I play on exspurt
Gitert994

Re: song countdown and ending text lags badly

Postby Gitert994 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:46 pm

You can go here to find lag settings.
Mass Effect FTW :)
BlackFate

Postby BlackFate » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:51 pm

1. Comps specs?
(either list them, or Go to Start > Run and type in dxdiag, and then please post a picture of the System tab and the Display tab, you can do this by pushing print screen on your keyboard, then open paint, paste the picture, save it, open up Imageshack, browse for the file, once it's uploaded, scroll to the bottom of the page and copy the 'Direct Link', then come here, make your post, click the 'Image' button, which is just above the post, paste the direct link there, and post the message.)
2. Fof version?
(If you don't know what version you have, where did you download it from? or if you can get in-game look in the credits)
3. Graphics drivers up to date?
(If you dont know what graphics card you have, then either go to your Desktop > Right Click > Properties > Settings and it will tell you in 'Display' next to the monitor, or you can go to Start > Run, and type in: dxdiag, and then click on the 'Display' tab at the top.
It is most likely that you will have an NVIDIA, ATI or INTEL graphics card, so go to their website and get the correct graphics drivers.)

4. Desktop color quality set to 32bit?
(Desktop > Right Click > Properties > Settings > Color Quality)
5. Any firewall, anti virus software?
6. Anything in your log file?
(Start > Run > %appdata%/fretsonfire/fretsonfire.log)
7. What settings do you have?
(Start > Run > %appdata%/fretsonfire/fretsonfire.ini)

Mike.
Songs Finished: 82,
Metallica - Papa Roach - Disturbed - Bloodhound Gang
KillerQ

Postby KillerQ » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:16 pm

Crazy...

I have noticed that with my laptop (and even most of the demo videos online) the fretboard will skip for a second or so at the end of the initial countdown (right after the number "1") most everytime.... I have just accepted that.

Thanks,

Matt!
I'm happy with my Ion Rocker kit and Roland KD-8 double bass kick trigger!

Return to “Tech Support”