Good hardware synchronisation tips

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 17 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
init_null

Postby init_null » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:19 pm

My hardware is mainly composed of :
x1900xtx, audigy2, lcd 19'.

I had some trouble to figure out how to sync the game
with my stuff, but here's the best way i found :

First : Force V-sync in your ati control center!

Second :
Open fretsonfire.ini (if you dont have one just start the game and exit). then replace the audio and video section with

[video]
multisamples = 6
resolution = 1280x1024
fps = 500
fullscreen = True

[audio]
stereo = True
delay = 0
frequency = 44100
buffersize = 1024
bits = 16

Gives me perfect sync.
Hope it helps.
Last edited by init_null on Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghostblur

Postby ghostblur » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:16 am

I'm running a compaq laptop, Sempron 64 bit processor, 2.5 ghz, ATi onboard express graphics, 768 mb ram and the program is running choppy on my computer. I was wandering if an Audigy card for my laptop would make a difference.
FozZ

Postby FozZ » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:32 pm

init_null wrote:My hardware is mainly composed of :
x1900xtx, audigy2, lcd 19'.

I had some trouble to figure out how to sync the game
with my stuff, but here's the best way i found :

First : Force V-sync in your ati control center!

Second :
Open fretsonfire.ini (if you dont have one just start the game and exit). then replace the audio and video section with

[video]
multisamples = 6
resolution = 1280x1024
fps = 500
fullscreen = True

[audio]
stereo = True
delay = 0
frequency = 44100
buffersize = 1024
bits = 16

Gives me perfect sync.
Hope it helps.

Ok first off mate, yes V synch might help a few people, but the rest of what you said is kinda null and void.

Dont go telling people what resolution to use, for all you know their monitor cant go that high and as such theyll have their image streching off the screen. The multisamples is the antialiasing, which on older computers could cause some serious slow down removing jaggies from the vector images. Setting the FPS to 500 as you have is already redundant because you have V synch forced on the card (you could have course not done that and just set the FPS to your monitors refresh rate, more than likely 60 or 75).

The delay setting will vary from PC to PC quite frankly, but now that the editor stores the setting used when a song was made, this doesnt really need to be worried about. You've also changed the buffersize I noticed, which defaults at 2048. I HAVE to put this on 4096 otherwise I get broken up sound (I use an external audigy 2 NX)

I know you were trying to help folk out, but essentially all they need to know is that forcing vsynch OR setting the FPS (in the game menu, you dont need to mess with the ini really) to your monitors refresh rate MIGHT help. Of course the majority of synch issues is due to shoddy song making im afraid, so no amount of tweaking will help all songs
My Portfolio Website - http://www.monophobia.co.uk
init_null

Postby init_null » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:40 pm

Sorry, Mr.Expert. I just wanted to tell other ppl what worked for me.
FozZ

Postby FozZ » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:55 pm

Dunno why I bother sometimes. I know you were, no need for answers like that. I was breaking the message down and explaining what each bit means/does because strangely enough more people than just you will read the thread, so the info is there for their benefit. Its great youve found something that works for your setup
My Portfolio Website - http://www.monophobia.co.uk

Return to “Tech Support”