Python 2.7 on Ubuntu 18.04 refuses to load Image module

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
NCRocker

Python 2.7 on Ubuntu 18.04 refuses to load Image module

Postby NCRocker » Wed May 12, 2021 8:22 pm

Hey, guys! I'm running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, just tried to run both FoF 1.3.110 and FoFiX 3.121. They are both giving me this error:

Code: Select all

ImportError: No module named Image

I nearly broke my computer trying to uninstall and reinstall PIL 2.7, but that didn't fix the issue. I also tried to install the module Image, which it did, but the game still won't open. I did attempt using Python 3 (since 2.7 is now deprecated), but it gives me errors relating to incorrect syntax.

I know a little Python, so if coding is required, I can probably fix it, but I just need to make FOF see the Image module.

Links: Official Website - Gitlab Group - Discord Server (Invite)
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. - 2 Tim. 2:15
NCRocker

Re: Python 2.7 on Ubuntu 18.04 refuses to load Image module

Postby NCRocker » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:31 am

I'm so glad that so many people helped me when I needed it. It's not like I've since discarded Ubuntu 18.04 for Windows 11 and have worked on other projects since then! :rolleyes:

God, I love sarcasm! :thumbup:

Links: Official Website - Gitlab Group - Discord Server (Invite)
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. - 2 Tim. 2:15
erikamills

Postby erikamills » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:05 pm

Interesting topic haha..Run 3
TatyanaOrme

Postby TatyanaOrme » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:40 am

Ensure that any other dependencies required by FoF or FoFiX are installed. You may need to consult the documentation or installation instructions for those games to identify and install any missing dependencies. rice purity test
Aditi5897

Postby Aditi5897 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:07 am

Hi Guys,
To ensure all dependencies for FoF or FoFiX are installed, refer to their respective documentation or installation instructions. These may include libraries, drivers, or additional software necessary for proper functioning. Consult online resources or community forums for assistance in identifying and installing any missing dependencies. Adequate preparation ensures a smooth installation process and optimal performance of the games.
Last edited by Aditi5897 on Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aditi5897

Postby Aditi5897 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:24 am

Hi Guys,
Have you checked if the Pillow library is installed? It's often required to work with images in Python, especially when using the Image module.

Return to “Tech Support”