Is it possible to download a certain instrument(s) from a song(s) in Rock Band 3?

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 2 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
MJE

Is it possible to download a certain instrument(s) from a song(s) in Rock Band 3?

Postby MJE » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:26 pm

Hey!
This is my first post (question). I would like to convert them to .wavs to use in my DAW. Thanks!
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Re: Is it possible to download a certain instrument(s) from a song(s) in Rock Band 3?

Postby nobby76 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:42 am

MJE wrote:Hey!
This is my first post (question). I would like to convert them to .wavs to use in my DAW. Thanks!

Yes its possible. .well not to "Download a certain instrument from a song" but that not how downloading even works, so.
But yes if you can figure out howe to extract the audio files from the game. Then you should get them as a .Mogg (multi track ogg file)
With a mogg you get all the separate tracks (like how in a normal mp3 you get left and right channel) a mogg will have about 16 channels, for all the different instruments. It's just a case of loading that into an audio application and converting which ever channels you want into separate wav files.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
MJE

Re: Is it possible to download a certain instrument(s) from a song(s) in Rock Band 3?

Postby MJE » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:50 pm

nobby76 wrote:
MJE wrote:Hey!

Yes its possible. .well not to "Download a certain instrument from a song" but that not how downloading even works, so.
But yes if you can figure out howe to extract the audio files from the game. Then you should get them as a .Mogg (multi track ogg file)
With a mogg you get all the separate tracks (like how in a normal mp3 you get left and right channel) a mogg will have about 16 channels, for all the different instruments. It's just a case of loading that into an audio application and converting which ever channels you want into separate wav files.

Thanks for taking the time to answer me. Would a DAW like Reaper or Audicity be able to play back .Moggs?
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:37 pm

MJE wrote:Thanks for taking the time to answer me. Would a DAW like Reaper or Audicity be able to play back .Moggs?

Yes Audacity can load them in and save the separate tracks perfectly
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:17 pm

REAPER should have the ability to natively read Moggs as well. It will even ask you if you want it to import the tempo mapping if you import the notes.mid file along with the moggs, which I don't think Audacity will do.
MJE

Postby MJE » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:54 pm

nobby76 wrote:
MJE wrote:Thanks for taking the time to answer me. Would a DAW like Reaper or Audicity be able to play back .Moggs?

Yes Audacity can load them in and save the separate tracks perfectly

Thanks-sorry for the late replies. I thought I had notifications set. I mentioned those two because no one ever seems to know the one I use most-Mixcraft.
MJE

Postby MJE » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:00 pm

Lysdestic wrote:REAPER should have the ability to natively read Moggs as well. It will even ask you if you want it to import the tempo mapping if you import the notes.mid file along with the moggs, which I don't think Audacity will do.

Thanks that does sound like some great features. I might have to check it out sometimes. TBH I'm really only looking for the individual tracks to one song. If it goes well I might look in to more. There seems to be a lot to choose from!

Return to “Tech Support”