TIBI GOT HACKED! (A Forum Game)

Have fun with some forum games!
This topic is 13 years and 2 days old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

TIBI GOT HACKED! (A Forum Game)

Postby aander91 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:58 pm

Players take the roles of innocent posters... or mostly innocent. Two of the posters, unbeknownst to their fellow kinsmen, are ex-members and have hacked Tibi's account! When night falls, they attack the innocent posters, banning one each night. When day comes, you must find out who you suspect - who among you are the hackers? Every day, Nwru (or, if banned, the next in line) can lead the posters in their decision on who to throw to ban in an attempt to remove these ruthless hackers from the forums.

I'll be your Narrator. You have a week to join in, but we need at least 7 players to start. If this trial run is successful, we can always play again to give others a chance to join in.

TL;DR RULES

-There is a day and a night period.
-During the day, the admin starts a vote on who to ban
-During the night, the hackers choose one player to ban
-The goal is to ban all the hackers, or if you are a hacker, trick the other players into banning everyone who isn't a hacker

The roles just make it more interesting.

FULL RULES-EXPLANATION OF ROLES

When the game starts, the Narrator will send a PM to each player, giving them their roles. These are the roles:

Forum Poster:

Spoiler:These posters have no special powers, aside from their skill at bumping threads.

Hacker:

Spoiler:Infiltrating the accounts of mods and admins, these hackers care only for themselves and are banning innocent posters. Every night, they meet up to target another poster and ban their account (giving their decision via PM to the Narrator). Hacker 1 suggests who to ban to Hacker 2, who either agrees and forwards the PM to the Narrator, or disagrees and sends it back to Hacker 1 with another suggestion (then Hacker 1 can agree or disagree). There may only be one Hacker if only a few people join in.

Death_au:

Spoiler:Death is a brilliant detective! Using his/her brilliant mind, Death searches for clues during the night. He/she may pick (via PM to the Narrator) one player each night, upon which they learn that player’s role(s). They may claim that they know this knowledge because they are a mod... but so can everyone else. Backseat mods if you will.

Collaborators:

Spoiler:On the first night only, a player will be chosen to PM the Narrator and pick two players who should be collaborators on a project. These players are notified about who their collaborator is and cannot attempt to ban them via any means. If one dies, the other gives us and leaves the forum forever. If one of the collaborators is a Hacker, the only way the two can be happy is if they are the only ones left unbanned.

Raph:

Spoiler:Raph can decide to protect any individual during the night by sending a PM to the Narrator. If there is an attempt on that person’s account, the attempt fails. Raph may also choose to stay in safety and protect himself only (otherwise, he’s still vulnerable to attack), or to not protect anyone. Since he still needs to sleep, he can only protect a poster every other night.

Derailer:

Spoiler:The derailer can draw the focus of Nwru once in the game by turning a thread into a flamewar thus distracting him from his banning duties. They declare this by PM to the Narrator after hearing who has been voted on to be banned.

Next-door Neighbor:

Spoiler:If the neighbor is banned, he may declare in the thread his attack against another poster. The neighbor then proceed's to his friend's house (the target player) and logs on using his account and floods the forum with goatse, getting the account banned.

General Codehazzard:

Spoiler:This player must say the name of their role every day (whether they are villager, maintainer, moiety, or whatever). They can attempt to disguise this in any way (e.g. “im' not a dariler im gonna mak my on gam n my lagunage”), but it must be said directly (no spoiler tags, no acronyms, no broken up words). [this role would be given along with another role]

The Narrator will also announce who is Nwru - the Admin.

Nwru:

Spoiler:Nwru is the admin of the forums. When the decision comes to ban suspects, Nwru can lead the discussion, and call a vote at any time. Nwru also gets two votes. If Nwru is killed by the posters for being a Hacker, the role will pass on to another member of the group. The list of succession for Nwru's role will be published upon starting the game. (Note: If Nwru is killed the role is passed on to the next player in the list of successors and is called simply Admin.)

The game will then alternate through two stages: Night and Day

The Narrator will announce Night. By PM, those players who have powers that they can use at night will PM the Narrator their decisions (example: the Hackers decide who to ban, secretly in PMs, and send the decision on to the narrator via PM).

When all PMs are received and everything is ready, the Narrator will announce Day. The ban of the last night will be revealed, and discussion will be opened. At this time, all currently un-banned players (banned players have to stay silent) may give their theories on who the hackers are. When Nwru (or, if Nwru has been killed, the Admin) decides that the discussion has gone on long enough, that player will post “I am calling a vote”. After this, no more discussion aside from “I vote to ban [name].” (or “I vote to not ban any users”) is allowed. When everyone has cast their vote, the unlucky person voted off is banned, and the forum falls back into an uneasy rest.

No discussion by banned players (so there’s a point in banning people who might know the hacker’s secrets).

No discussion or arguments of who to kill after Nwru or the Admin has declared a vote.

No PM or other conversations between players to discuss matters (aside from the characters with PM related roles).

You can “reveal” your role in game... but only IC. No assurance of any claims in game actually being true (so you may say you are Death and know who the hackers are... or you may be a hacker trying to fool the forum).
Since this is a trial round, rules may be subject to change. If you want to join, just comment on this thread!

ROSTER:
-Metallicaholic
-Jama
-SusaLtd
-Bocaj
-Slashfan
-RedShadow (?)
-ThickAsABrick
-
-
-
Last edited by aander91 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:08 pm, edited 12 times in total.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Re: Someone Hacked Tibi's Account!

Postby Jama7301 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:01 am

Me. Give.

Me bored.

English not required, right? :P
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:01 am

Not if you're Codehazzard. ;)
COUNTERPOINT

R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:05 am

I'm in.
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:05 am

So you're gonna PM roles out after you get participants?
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:07 am

Yup.
COUNTERPOINT

warhol

Postby warhol » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:10 am

This would be better played over IRC/chatrooms
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Re: TIBI GOT HACKED! (A Forum Game)

Postby aander91 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:16 am

It works fine via forums? I essentially stole it from another forum that I frequent, we've done it like 10 times already with no issues.
COUNTERPOINT

The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:34 am

Eh, count me in
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

'_>'
SUSAltd

Postby SUSAltd » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:02 am

I guess I could try this.

Also this seems similar to that one card game I don't remember the name of.

Spoiler:

ImageCharting Achievements:
1st place 2009 April Novice Guitar competition
3rd place 2009 May Expert Guitar competition
4th place 2009 June Expert Guitar competition
1st place 2010 February Guitar competition
1st place 2010 April Guitar Competition
2nd place 2010 May Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 June Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 August Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 December Guitar Competition

back from the dead
thebocaj

Postby thebocaj » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:06 pm

I'm up for it.
My Charts:
I · II · III · IV · V · VI · Clone Hero conversions
WINNING!..DUH!
ThickAsABrick

Postby ThickAsABrick » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:34 pm

I'll give it a try too, but this game is the same object as the Television show The Mole and finding out which among us are the mole.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mole_(TV_series)
On the Topic of Six Year Old Girls:
Electro Tomato wrote:Because I want to have sex with them, that's why

ThickAsABrick's Theme Hero: 1950-2010 THE MUNSTERS ADDED! viewtopic.php?f=5&p=559396#p559396
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:43 pm

Sure I'll try it. Sounds kinda fun.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
back from the dead
thebocaj

Postby thebocaj » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:45 pm

Btw is this based on the Mafia forum game? Seen it a few times on the Rock Band forums one of the few times I've gone there.
My Charts:
I · II · III · IV · V · VI · Clone Hero conversions
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:55 pm

I'd like to join in... but those are some damn long Rules.
----------------------------
Ok I read them but I'm awfully confused. I guess not then.

Return to “Forum Games”