Santa Rockstar (WTF)

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 7 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Addicted to memes
MetalMuxxer

Santa Rockstar (WTF)

Postby MetalMuxxer » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:43 am

Hey.

Some days ago I came across this weird game in Steam called "Santa Rockstar".

I saw that it was basically a Guitar Hero/Rock Band clone. I purchased it for a very low price and I don't know what I expected, but it kinda sucks.

So, first of all, searching on Google I found this game was originally a flash game uploaded to various flash pages, so, "surprise", basically I've paid for something that was previously free, but looks like this is an improved version so it may be worth it.

Now, the game is kinda interesting for Guitar Hero fans, you got cutscenes very similar to those in GH3, but now, the gameplay SUCKS:

3 difficulties, easy (3 notes), medium (4 notes) and hard (5 notes). I went directly with Hard since it lets you experience the full game.

The gameplay is similar to Frets on Fire, using F1-F5 (Or I think it was 1-5?) to play, so the songs are metal covers of various christmas carols and that stuff. Now, there are like 7 tiers and 3 songs per tier (and probably and encore, I don't know).

The first of all, the difficulty of the game is way too ridiculous, I mean, you fail 3 notes and it's over, you must start the damn song again, but at the same time, the notes are basically nothing, there are some parts with shred where only 5 notes are played, not realistic or advanced frets, and you gotta be accurate when strumming, since you can hit a note 0.5 after or earlier from what I saw. Also, if you exit from any song of a tier, you must play the whole tier, AGAIN!

If I'm not mistaken there are some HO/POs and power star. Also, there's a stage with a band, Santa on guitar, a deer (or whatever that is) on bass and another deer on drums. Now, the camera moves around the stage, and maybe the stage changes in every tier, not sure (I couldn't finish 3rd song of the first tier .-.), but it looks more like a gif than an actual stage like in Guitar Hero, the deers always do the same animation, and they keep doing it after the song has been failed, and Santa has always the same animation when the song fails.

There's nothing special about this game, I mean, you can play GH/RB or FoF/PS/BF instead of this, the last 3 ones are free and have lots of songs charted, this game isn't customizable and is not actually fun, I mean, you can basically play this game if somebody somehow ports the charts from this game to EoF and then to PS (which doesn't looks like it's possible for the moment).

Anyways, if you got some spare money you may want to give it a try :P
1200+ Sygenysongs
BombDude24

Re: Santa Rockstar (WTF)

Postby BombDude24 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:55 am

I got it from an indie game bundle. The charts are pretty bad, but the covers are pretty good. If the songs were recharted by someone who knows what they're doing, they'd be really fun in another rhythm game.

The stages change in every tier, but the background is pretty much the same thing in each one. I beat the game with 99 or 100% on every song, and I never got any guitar controllers to work with it.

Return to “Other Music Games”