My last Rockfan Thread (I Swear)

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 10 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Official Developer!!
Acedia

My last Rockfan Thread (I Swear)

Postby Acedia » Tue May 14, 2013 11:16 am

Many months have past since my last update on Rockfan, in fact it's almost been a year. Not much has changed except everything. I have finally, what i have considered completed the game play for guitar mode, and will getting most of that code into the drum mode ( should take a week at the most ).

For the last month, i have been diligently working on the sources for rockfan. Many code improvements, and additions such as new Audio, Graphics, and Theming Systems. I have worked out the 'official' song format, theming format, and started working on the overall look and feel of the game (at-least the lite theme). This thread is to inform those that are still seeking information on Rockfan, and I will update as often as possible, with the most relevant information.

When i say most of the game play is done for guitar mode. I mean, Boardspeed, Note Timings base on AudioHardware timing, Playspeed minipulation, Remote Players, Bots, Hopo / Tapos, Power Notes, Overdrive Activation, Solos, Sections Namining, Party Mode, Lefty Flip. Most of what the original games had. Remember this is not Fof, nor PhaseShift. This is a Clone of the original Music Rhythm Games, and will try to mimic as close to all the supported features within those games, although new features may be added over time, to finish the base, the goal is to clone the original game(s) features (GH1 - GH5, RB1, RB2)

Rockfan has pretty much been re-written using the same technology, Meaning Managed DirectX. No Linux, or Mac. support... yet. Currently the only progress that has been made, is the Guitarboard GameScene, Chartloading, Audio { PitchShift, Volume Cutoff } , Basic Drumboard Support, and a New Graphics Engine. Although not all is lost. Significant progress is being made every day, currently I'm working on the Game screens. Once those get out of the way, I will be able to finish up the game. Code wise, the core is in place, and awaiting finalization on the theme system, since most of the game is tied directly to the theme system

if you are interested in helping, or just catching up message me on xfire: username= DigitalKarnage
if you want to keep upto date, and get the lastest downloads or information goto the Rockfan Forums
The Guitar Man
Russell_GuitarGuy

Re: My last Rockfan Thread (I Swear)

Postby Russell_GuitarGuy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:39 pm

Impressing. :ohmy:

Return to “Other Music Games”