Rocksmith for PC is now available!

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 11 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
shadowstreak

Rocksmith for PC is now available!

Postby shadowstreak » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:36 am

http://store.steampowered.com/app/205190/

It is available to pre-order right now, and if you pre-order, you get instant access to the beta right now. Demo is also available to download, I'm currently downloading the demo and will report back on what it contains I have finished the demo and posted my thoughts below (demo is 2.9 gigs, I'll see what has in the files). But I'm pretty excited about this, can't wait to see what the modding community can do with this. The ingame pedals and effects are fantastic ( I own the ps3 version), and the charts are great as well, customs of both would be fantastic. Downside of the game is you need the rocksmith guitar cable ($25 a pop). If you own the xbox version or ps3 version of the cable, it will work with the pc version, since it's a standard usb cable. But I'll post my comments on the demo and see how it stacks against the ps3 version Impression below (as in performance, improvements, and whatever else I can gauge from the demo, unable to access the beta at the moment due to inadequate funds ). Anyone else looking to get this?

EDIT: As far as impressions go, game doesn't run well on my Windows 8 rig, has issues with alt tab, resolution changes, and graphical quality changes result in crashes. Though if I leave it at default settings (800x600 medium settings), it runs smooth as silk with no issues, audio quality is fantastic though with options to raise the quality even further (at expense of cpu power, it gives warnings). My guitar is crisp and clear through their audio engine, even giving my recording programs a run for the money(I could see myself using this as a recording tool with the build in amps, much higher quality than the console counterparts) Demo offers 3 songs, though each is easy and simple. As far as file types go, the file system seems pretty straight forward, songs are stored in a song folder, graphical content in another (such as crowds for easy swapping of potential custom content). Currently they're all locked in their own proprietary file types. But once they're unlocked this game looks to be easy pickings for adding custom content.
Last edited by shadowstreak on Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Re: Rocksmith for PC is now available!

Postby italianstal1ion » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:12 am

No drums :mad:

Still pretty exciting though.
Index of all Drum Topics on the Forum in one convenient place
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Drum project 9 Released!!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

Spoiler:Image Feedback + EOF Pro Notation
Image Albelgim collaboration
If you appreciate my work and would like to see more, a donation would certainly motivate me! Thank you.

The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:31 pm

1 There is no PC demo yet, only a beta
2. it's only in beta, expect bugs
3. it's called Rocksmith not drumsmith. RB3 already offers a close to realistic drum game
4. WHY ARE YOU USING THE NON-GAME FRIENDLY WINDOWS 8. I bet this game was built and optimized for windows 7

I have been playing the game forever now and i've learned a poo ton of stuff i couldnt learn on my own. Definitely worth it buying the game instead of pirating it. Also to add, all in-game content doesnt use masters.

-- Edit --

Before i forget, the PC release is October 19th. So misleading topic title
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Postby italianstal1ion » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:01 pm

amak11 wrote:1 There is no PC demo yet, only a beta
2. it's only in beta, expect bugs
3. it's called Rocksmith not drumsmith. RB3 already offers a close to realistic drum game
4. WHY ARE YOU USING THE NON-GAME FRIENDLY WINDOWS 8. I bet this game was built and optimized for windows 7

I have been playing the game forever now and i've learned a poo ton of stuff i couldnt learn on my own. Definitely worth it buying the game instead of pirating it. Also to add, all in-game content doesnt use masters.

-- Edit --

Before i forget, the PC release is October 19th. So misleading topic title

3. Lol its called Rock Band not Drum Band but its got drums. Not important anyway. And it doesn't have a drum experience like Rocksmith does, though to be fair, I think guitar involves a lot more than drums when beginning (melody etc)

What guitar do you use on it? And how are those minigames?
Index of all Drum Topics on the Forum in one convenient place
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Drum project 9 Released!!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

Spoiler:Image Feedback + EOF Pro Notation
Image Albelgim collaboration
If you appreciate my work and would like to see more, a donation would certainly motivate me! Thank you.

shadowstreak

Postby shadowstreak » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:32 pm

Woah lots I've missed while I was gone... Well time to reply to all of them...

amak11 wrote:1 There is no PC demo yet, only a beta

There is actually a demo you can download with 3 songs. On the steam store page you can click download demo on the right side of the page.

amak11 wrote:2. it's only in beta, expect bugs

Yeah, it's pretty buggy right now in the graphics department, but audio and everything else is pretty much great. No issues with using my guitar at all.
amak11 wrote:4. WHY ARE YOU USING THE NON-GAME FRIENDLY WINDOWS 8. I bet this game was built and optimized for windows 7

How is it non game friendly? It uses Windows 7 as a base, and is much more optimized, I see at least at 5-10% increase in performance in many of my games (dota 2 average fps on high was 45, I get 50-60 consistent on W8), I have had 0 issues with any games using windows 8 other than rocksmith apparently. It might stem from it using an extremely outdated version of visual studio. I'm going to look into it though.

amak11 wrote:Before i forget, the PC release is October 19th. So misleading topic title

Yeah, that was about as long as I could make the title, I wanted to state it was beta, but not enough room. It is "technically available" since you do get the entire full game right when you put money down. Just it has some bugs at the moment.

italianstal1ion wrote:What guitar do you use on it? And how are those minigames?

I use an Epiphone SG (the $300 dollar model) it's alright, solid guitar for the price. The mini games are pretty fun, they do drill some scales in your head and hand positioning. I feel like they could be better, but I'm not sure how they could be improved. Since they're all striving for different things.

Asskickulater wrote:dont suppose i could jsut plug my guitar into my computer via headphone jack converter like i normally do? lol

Sorry, you can't :/, the cable has a chip built into it that does all the audio conversion and also verifies itself with the game. It is probably possible someone down the line will make an emulator for it to trick the computer. But for now if it's not plugged in it'll just give you a screen saying "this game requires the rocksmith guitar cable, you can purchase it here" and gives you a link to the shop.
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:36 pm

I figured as much.. hopeful thinking lol
Image Image
The cake is a lie.
Gyoo

Postby Gyoo » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:21 am

Dunno if it has been pointed out before, I've not read everything.

Ubisoft has just created the paying demo, since there's a demo on steam but you must BUY their Jack/USB plug to play the DEMO.

f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:46 pm

Gyoo wrote:Dunno if it has been pointed out before, I've not read everything.

Ubisoft has just created the paying demo, since there's a demo on steam but you must BUY their Jack/USB plug to play the DEMO.

haha kinda feats the purpose of a demo :P clever...
Image Image
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:45 pm

Gyoo wrote:Dunno if it has been pointed out before, I've not read everything.

shadowstreak wrote:
Asskickulater wrote:dont suppose i could jsut plug my guitar into my computer via headphone jack converter like i normally do? lol

Sorry, you can't :/, the cable has a chip built into it that does all the audio conversion and also verifies itself with the game. It is probably possible someone down the line will make an emulator for it to trick the computer. But for now if it's not plugged in it'll just give you a screen saying "this game requires the rocksmith guitar cable, you can purchase it here" and gives you a link to the shop.

Actually.... You do NOT need to use an official Rocksmith cable with the game. The only thing special about the rocksmith cable is that it contains an amp chip in it. The cable doesnt have to verify/authenticate anything with the game. Other than the game can hear the guitar ( what the amp chip is for). Any other Jack to usb cable that has an amp chip in it WILL work. my dad had a jack-usb cable for ( i think he said it was called) Jam Labs ( it came free with his guitar ) and that works perfectly fine with rocksmith..

Also DLC is not tied to your game or account or anything like that. Anyone can download the dlc and just copy it to their game and it will work ( so free dlc for everyone ) all DLC to date has been released on torrent sites and is fully usable. And of course now we also have custom charting. As the songs do not use multi track, its gonna make expanding the song collections a lot easier.. ( this is all on pc, not sure about consoles)
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom

Return to “Other Music Games”