Symphony

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 11 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
beebe

Symphony

Postby beebe » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:20 am

So I got this game called Symphony off of Steam yesterday, apparently it's a lot like Beat Hazard(Haven't ever played it so I wouldn't know) which apparently people are saying Symphony is quite a bit better. But it is crazy fun, I compare it to galaga and upgrade complete but it runs on your music library. The game's replayability is essentially only limited to how much music you have, which for most of us here is pretty extended since you could basically just run the off of your FoF music folders and music library. Anybody else heard about this game and would like to share some thoughts on it?

Spoiler:

Image"I. F*cking. Love. Penguins!"

f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Re: Symphony

Postby Asskickulater » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:15 am

never heard of symphony, I have played beat hazard, was quite a fun game to play, looking up videos on youtube of symphony.. it is very similar however symphny looks a bit easier as its only in front of you, beat hazard is all around you... and very seizuretic.. lol
Image Image
beebe

Postby beebe » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:34 pm

Asskickulater wrote:never heard of symphony, I have played beat hazard, was quite a fun game to play, looking up videos on youtube of symphony.. it is very similar however symphny looks a bit easier as its only in front of you, beat hazard is all around you... and very seizuretic.. lol

Stuff goes all around you in Symphony as well, you can only face straight though, you just have to position your guns to shoot behind you.

Just looked up a video of beat hazard, that game does look really crazy. And I do like that you can spin in that game, but I guess for the design of Symphony it works a bit better to not be able to spin and just have to adjust your weapon setup.

Spoiler:

f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:48 am

beebe wrote:
Asskickulater wrote:never heard of symphony, I have played beat hazard, was quite a fun game to play, looking up videos on youtube of symphony.. it is very similar however symphny looks a bit easier as its only in front of you, beat hazard is all around you... and very seizuretic.. lol

Stuff goes all around you in Symphony as well, you can only face straight though, you just have to position your guns to shoot behind you.

Just looked up a video of beat hazard, that game does look really crazy. And I do like that you can spin in that game, but I guess for the design of Symphony it works a bit better to not be able to spin and just have to adjust your weapon setup.

the game looked interesting from videos and so I ended up getting it, beat hazard and symphony are very similar. Heres my quick review of the game:

Gameplay: its definately fun.. it has a story.. a weird one at that.. but props for trying lol, the gameplay itself is pretty fun, I said before it seemed easier then beat hazard, however I take that back now, it just has different mechanics, it can be harder then beat hazard in some instances and vise versa, the graphics look nice, their simple but very clean.. I quite like the visualiser and the corruption setup, its generally a pretty fun rythem game if you like the genre.

Menu: this is my only real gripe with the game, the menus are clean and elegant... seem like they have a really good base... but somehow they just don't work well, songlist filter is a bit odd... if you set the filter to all.. it only allows you to see the songs you played.. which seems odd to me, then it also acts as if your going through folders instead of a library which I think is a bad thing, though thats probably very opinionated

sorry if there are any typos or messed up things in general in there.. its quite late over here XD
Image Image
beebe

Postby beebe » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:19 pm

Yeah the menu and particularly the song filters is something they are currently reworking. My only real complaint right now is, boss 4 is just stupid hard, and good items are super hard to come by, which both are being worked on luckily. Other than that, I do enjoy it a lot. I might check out Beat Hazard sometime too, it looks pretty cool.

Spoiler:

Return to “Other Music Games”