What RockFan ?!

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 11 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Official Developer!!
Acedia

What RockFan ?!

Postby Acedia » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:14 pm

No i'm not going to post another thread about Rockfan progress, or how i'm going to justify going 2 / 3 years without having Progress on the game. That's not me anymore, i'm not a cocky little prick like i use to be, I've done alot of growing up, and Code Learning (no i haven't studied c++, so i'm not a guru), and no i haven't even wanted to learn python, to try and bring back FOFix. TBH, the negativity, and shear pressure was too much for me to handle, and i know that now. I'm really glad that the team over there at PhaseShift, has continued to flourish.

As far as what i'm doing... Yes i'm still working on Rockfan, no it doesn't have networking support yet :/

You might ask, what in the hell have you been doing these last 2 years, well... Nothing, i just left the scene, and at the time, i gave myself credit for getting networking progress done to the community, indirectly of course. I might not know the exact reason for the Phaseshift guys to peruse making a Music Rhythm game, however i want to believe that I gave them the motivation to actually get networking support implemented :p

To me the reason for Rockfan's failure (back in the day), was more then just 1 thing, and Although Negativity, and Pressure, had a role. It was more then that. Perfection got the best of me, and I've learned that over the years. There are many ways to get a task done, and I "always" thought that i had the only correct way of doing it. After looking at the sources i finally found after 2 years, I noticed 1 thing. No organization.... It looks like a friggen H-bomb when off in the middle of the code, and it is all over the place, Even though back in the day, i prided my self on perfection. And there are pretty good algorithms in the code, such as Note Timing*, Scoring / Sustains*, Pass / Fail* , etc. The Code organization is all over the place, it's a wonder i even got as far as i did.

I have been working on Rockfan, and I do plan on releasing a version 1, sometime, but that's not the topic of this post. I just wanted to give a heads up, and if you want to get ahold of me, send me a pm, or message me on xFire > xxacediaxx
Thanks for everyone in the community that believed in me, when i was an arrogant prick, and thanks to those that gave me the negativity i needed, to keep the motivation of this game alive.... Even it it's 2 years later.

[Edit]
For those interested: RF Sources
Last edited by Acedia on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Re: What RockFan ?!

Postby Asskickulater » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:48 pm

I remember you! seen your game around.. never played it though, the graphics style never appealed to me lol
Image Image
Official Developer!!
Acedia

Postby Acedia » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:15 pm

Asskickulater wrote:I remember you! seen your game around.. never played it though, the graphics style never appealed to me lol

yeah i can understand that, I was appealing to the more low-end pc's of the time. 2d graphics for everything
R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:07 pm

Man I remember this game! I stopped playing fofix for it awhile back.
Good to see that you're still working on it!
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:11 pm

I remember this game. Was pretty fun lol

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Official Developer!!
Acedia

Postby Acedia » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:16 pm

Well now that things have slowed down here, and it seems like Most player(s) still playing fofix (die hard fans), are still here. I'm not so intimidated. but i'm glad to hear that i made an impact, on someone :smile:
googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:00 pm

Well hello sexy.

This thread is delicious. Totally worth popping up to the surface for.

By the way, general comment to you all. This place is retarded these days, everytime I lurk it seems you all reach a new low. Wonder how long you have left?
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:06 am

*Creeps in*

A thread with normal discussion. New to me.

sensay, you arent the only one who lurks nowadays. :P
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Official Developer!!
Acedia

Postby Acedia » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:19 am

@sensay~ Nice to see that you killed another game. XD

for those that are wondering, Rockfan has networking, multiplayer, and bot support (Right NOW). If your interested in seeing actual proof, Let me know I'll post a video. However, it's sad to say... Rockfan is no longer being developed. :?

Don't fret (hehe). I have joined forces with another developer, and will continue from there. It's going to be under a new title, new sources (that matter), New Idea on the genre. Watch for it. Until Then.

Keep Rockin' On.

[EDIT] @sensay~ sorry, that was rude of me, I don't mean to bring back hard feelings

Return to “Other Music Games”