Using triggers for drums in RB

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 12 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
I luv Fallout!!!
sonicandshadow97

Using triggers for drums in RB

Postby sonicandshadow97 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:18 pm

I have an acoustic drum kit. My parents won't let me get another drum kit (RB Kit) because I already have one.

So, my question is, aside from the noise (Which I can fix), is it possible to use Triggers and a drum brain to set this up? I can use electronic cymbals if need be.

I know a way to connect the triggers to the module, but I'm wondering if it will work.

I am NOT worried about noise. That is NOT the issue!
Image Image
Check out my songs. My most recent one is On the Backs of Angels by Dream Theater (Soon to be upped) And I am working on The Mob Rules by Adrenaline Mob.
hibbet

Re: Using triggers for drums in RB

Postby hibbet » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:27 pm

the ion drum rocker module doesnt use a piezo trigger for the kick so you would need a magnetic switch based kick trigger,also the trigger parameters on the drum rocker are locked down and designed to be used with the ion setup,theres a good chance you might run into crosstalk,double triggering problems with no chance to tweak them.
I luv Fallout!!!
sonicandshadow97

Postby sonicandshadow97 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:37 pm

hibbet wrote:the ion drum rocker module doesnt use a piezo trigger for the kick so you would need a magnetic switch based kick trigger,also the trigger parameters on the drum rocker are locked down and designed to be used with the ion setup,theres a good chance you might run into crosstalk,double triggering problems with no chance to tweak them.

Hmm... Makes sense. Would this happen with any module or only with the ion module? This is starting to sound like more trouble than bribing my parents...
Image Image
Check out my songs. My most recent one is On the Backs of Angels by Dream Theater (Soon to be upped) And I am working on The Mob Rules by Adrenaline Mob.
hibbet

Postby hibbet » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:44 pm

any module that plugs directly into the console has these limitations,the only surefire way to guarantee it will work is to buy a real electronic drum module for tweaking the parameters and connecting it to a rockband midi pro adapter to connect to the console
drihscol

Postby drihscol » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:26 am

attaching piezo triggers to pads will be fine, if you want to use a piezo on the bass drum you will have to use a brain other than the ion drum rocker, and then get the madcatz midi adapter (make sure the brain is compatible before you buy!) to connect to your console.
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/bajnmkinaopofbfaopenlfooloknfjlf?hl=en-US

Spoiler:Bands I like

Pink Floyd
Dream Theater
Rush
Radiohead
The Pixies
The Doors
Elo
Ok Go
Jethro Tull
The Beatles
Pearl Jam