Rocksmith!

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 12 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Dr. Wooldoor is in.
guitarfreak93

Re: Rocksmith!

Postby guitarfreak93 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:07 pm

looks kinda cool, if it's really coming out for pc I'd prolly pirate it before I bought it.
( 'o')/
davidsevenfold

Postby davidsevenfold » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:24 am

guitarfreak93 wrote:looks kinda cool, if it's really coming out for pc I'd prolly pirate it before I bought it.

ikr? the only thing i buy is the controlers lololol
GHWT 4.0 theme is currently at a hault :v
Dr. Wooldoor is in.
guitarfreak93

Postby guitarfreak93 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:58 pm

davidsevenfold wrote:
guitarfreak93 wrote:looks kinda cool, if it's really coming out for pc I'd prolly pirate it before I bought it.

ikr? the only thing i buy is the controlers lololol

exactly, btw love your songs.
( 'o')/
davidsevenfold

Postby davidsevenfold » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:54 pm

guitarfreak93 wrote:exactly, btw love your songs.

thanks, i dont usually get compliments :3
GHWT 4.0 theme is currently at a hault :v
Rocksmith

Postby Rocksmith » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:19 pm

Rocksmith Canada is turning up the volume to 11. To celebrate the launch of our revolutionary new game, we are giving away 4 Epiphones on October 18th. Just want you all to be able to rock out properly. Contest is up on our Facebook page: http://on.fb.me/rocksmithfretsfire
- Sorry for the self-promo, but we thought it was worth it!

Follow us on Facebook if ever anyone has any questions, we're there to answerCa them!
blatz89

Postby blatz89 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:56 pm

Well, if what i'm gathering from the info on rocksmith is correct, isn't it more or less interactive guitar tabs? :p
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:48 pm

Pretty much. Some of the major differences:
-The difficulty is adaptive, you can't choose to play any difficulty rating you want, you have to build your profile up to that level.
-The game uses pitch detection from your guitar's quarter inch output instead of sensors or MIDI pickups.
-The game is less of a "game" than it is an instruction guitar program.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:03 pm

Basically, for people who want to learn guitar and dont have 2 - 300 dollars a week to have guitar lessons. :/
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

jani201

Postby jani201 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:49 am

currently im waiting for more of Guitar Worlds gameplay videos to get more info about the games features. but so far i'd buy the game and give it a shot :)
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:38 pm

I've bought the game already, it's quite a fun game. What info do you need that isnt out there already? Adaptive difficulty is the biggest thing about it. You could be playing single notes for a bit then all the sudden be playing same part and have it be chords. There is mini games, trainers, in-game tuner, "amp" functionality (basically all your effect pedals and tones and stuff). DLC is a little pricey but in comparison to RB Pro guitar. This game can give you a few arrangements for songs tho. Tbh, the only thing i've had problems with is learning harmonics.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:39 pm

amak11 wrote:Basically, for people who want to learn guitar and dont have 2 - 300 dollars a week to have guitar lessons. :/

I didn't realize Van Halen was giving lessons.

Also, pretty good review from Kotaku.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Haha, i was just guessing, i have no idea what guitar lessons actually cost :P

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

Return to “Other Music Games”