Custom Drum Tracks On GHWT For PC - Howto Needed

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 13 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
kidrow

Custom Drum Tracks On GHWT For PC - Howto Needed

Postby kidrow » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:05 am

Hi all, total noob here. I've recently installed Fofix & I'm loving it. My only gripe is there aren't enough [It's never enough, isn't it?] drum tracks for Fofix, though the community is really doing a great job. So since I have GHWT on my PC as well, I was wondering if there is a guide to getting pre-made songs on it so I can add to my collection of drum tracks.

I'm really confused. Right from where I can get such drum tracks & what to look for [midi, mp3, ogg?], to using them in the game. I did try n go through the Scorehero forum, but couldn't figure anything out. There was some talk about Rawktour there, but that seems to deal with the Wii[?].

So I'm hoping someone can guide me to a step by step tutorial online. Thanks a lot.
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Re: Custom Drum Tracks On GHWT For PC - Howto Needed

Postby Asskickulater » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:53 am

well, I dont know how to import into WT but i can tell you this, adding drum charts into WT wont get you anymore lanes then the drum chart already has
Image Image
kidrow

Postby kidrow » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:12 am

I didn't want the extra lanes [the 5 on ghwt vs 4 on RB/fofix], rather the extra no. of drum tracks which it'll hopefully throw up. Thanks.
googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:05 pm

I think what you are actually searching for isnt in existence.

Please correct me if im wrong. You want more drum SONGS to be able to play, yes? Well, i'm pretty sure customs in world tour are possible (though complicated and scorehero WOULD be the place to go for more info) but that is not going to get you more stuff to play. Customs would certainly be taken from the collection here and at scorehero so you'd be playing the same potential songs just in a different engine.

I'm sorry if this isn't what you were talking about but It seems so. Are you aware of how to get custom songs from scorehero for use in fof? There is a pretty huge collection there, no doubt a lot of drum songs too. :wink:
kidrow

Postby kidrow » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:33 pm

Thanks for your reply. Yes, you are correct about what I'm wanting to gain from this - open up the GH custom songs collection [either on scorehero or elsewhere] so I can add songs to my collection which aren't available for Fofix. So for e.g., if I get the drum tracks for 'symphony of destruction' from the Forum here, but can't get them for 'sweating bullets', I could look at whether it's available for GHWT on scorehero or similar. Thus I could have 2 Megadeth songs in my collection. So yes, if the songs collection for both is the same, then this exercise will take me nowhere.

So could you please explain what I need to look for to ensure that the GH song has drums & where do I search for them? So I'll just check if there are songs not available for FoFix, but available on the other engine.

I don't know how to get GH songs into FoFix. If it's easy, then it'd be a great option as well. I'm not concerned about the engine, but rather playing drums on songs I like most.

Thanks a lot.
drihscol

Postby drihscol » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:50 am

as far as i know, all songs are able to be used, or converted to be used in fofix.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilklVGo0ows
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/bajnmkinaopofbfaopenlfooloknfjlf?hl=en-US

Spoiler:Bands I like

Pink Floyd
Dream Theater
Rush
Radiohead
The Pixies
The Doors
Elo
Ok Go
Jethro Tull
The Beatles
Pearl Jam