fretscpp

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 13 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
radu124

fretscpp

Postby radu124 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:59 pm

And hello everyone,

You must have heard this a few times before around here I guess, but I will go on anyway.
I've been working on a rewrite in c++ on frets-on-fire and finally I have something to show for it.

It can be currently found at:
http://code.google.com/p/fretscpp/
open source of course, windows and linux (ubuntu 10) executables included, but there's a chance you need to download extra DLLs.
(I'm not sure which, as I had everything already installed, but if you tell me I will include them in the next release)

I would be glad to hear someone actually managed to build from source:
- windows might be challenging, I did it with DevCpp with downloaded devpaks, and currently some minor changes are necessary to the sources
- linux should be straightforward if you have Ubuntu (make ubudeps will try to install the dependencies: will need to sudo) then just "make" should produce the executable)
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Re: fretscpp

Postby aander91 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:36 pm

O.O

I can't run it, but I wasn't expecting to be able to.

Good luck with this though! This would allow FoFix to be used on other machines as well, right?
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
radu124

Postby radu124 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:55 pm

:(
Any idea why? I could try to fix it...
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:18 pm

Told me some .DLL was missing. I can't check it atm though. Sorry.
COUNTERPOINT

The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:22 pm

I started listing the missing dlls. But the second one gave me issues
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

radu124

Postby radu124 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:23 pm

Sorry for those, should have thought about it.
I uploaded a new version including the DLLs.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:37 pm

It runs now. Very nice, although none of my songs sync up, even with delay added to the .ini.

This could go places.
COUNTERPOINT

The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:41 pm

Wow, almost like the the original. I like your progress on it. Keep going you are doing a great job!
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

ADH

Postby ADH » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:08 pm

hmmm trying to get this to work in ubuntu 10.04 i get this error every time. I installed all the dependencies listed... But it seems something is missing...

g++ cpxprep.cpp -o cpxprep
./cpxprep game.cpx >game.cpp
echo -n "game.cpp: ">game.cpp.d
grep -E "^#line" game.cpp | sed -e 's/.* "//' -e 's/"//' | sort -u | while read A; do echo -n "$A "; done >>game.cpp.d
#geany -g game.cpp.tags `readlink -f game.cpp`
g++ -MMD -MF game.d game.cpp -O0 -g3 -ggdb -o game `sdl-config --cflags --libs` -lGL -lGLU -lIL -lILU -lILUT -lfreetype -logg -lvorbis -lvorbisfile -I/usr/include/freetype2
songsdb.cpx: In function ‘void readsongsdir(std::string)’:
songsdb.cpx:60: error: ambiguous overload for ‘operator&’ in ‘__MW.MESSAGEWRITER::operator&(((const char*)"Song database contains %d entries\012")) & songsdb.std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::size [with _Tp = songentry, _Alloc = std::allocator<songentry>]()’
message.cpx:136: note: candidates are: MESSAGEWRITER& MESSAGEWRITER::operator&(std::string) <near match>
message.cpx:143: note:                 MESSAGEWRITER& MESSAGEWRITER::operator&(const char*) <near match>
message.cpx:150: note:                 MESSAGEWRITER& MESSAGEWRITER::operator&(unsigned int)
message.cpx:157: note:                 MESSAGEWRITER& MESSAGEWRITER::operator&(int)
message.cpx:164: note:                 MESSAGEWRITER& MESSAGEWRITER::operator&(float)
message.cpx:171: note:                 MESSAGEWRITER& MESSAGEWRITER::operator&(double)
configuration.cpx: In function ‘void write_config()’:
configuration.cpx:57: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 3 has type ‘size_t’
make: *** [game] Error 1

sorry, i'm pretty noobish when it comes to these things.
radu124

Postby radu124 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:59 am

Oops,
64-bit machine eh?
just found out.
it should work if you just comment out that line (line 60 in songsdb.cpx,
just delete it or add // at the beginning of the line)
ADH

Postby ADH » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:50 am

oh ok, i tried a few different things none of them worked, shoulda know to just comment it out... thanks. i'll try it

EDIT: it works wonderfully... the only problem that i have with this is it doesn't seem to support pov hats? (no strum bar)
other than that this looks amazing... good job :thumbup:
radu124

Postby radu124 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:18 am

Can you give me more details?
On Joysticks/gamepads/guitars (made my own guitars :), they cost more than the originals) I currently only support buttons (which give you an on-off signal) I didn't look into supporting the (analog sort-of) input I think you're referring to (the ones which have a continuous range).
I saw on some devices they have a button to set how you want the device to act, they can produce either the on-off signal like the button press or the continuous one.
I will look into it, but I don't promise anything for the near future.

-- Edit: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:30 pm --

a'ha
it seems I was wrong. the hat does not have the continuous input type, it's more like a button.
This should be easy to fix.
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:14 am

Wow runs nice but my songs are WAY out of sync.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
drihscol

Postby drihscol » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:49 am

okay, now do fofix =P
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/bajnmkinaopofbfaopenlfooloknfjlf?hl=en-US

Spoiler:Bands I like

Pink Floyd
Dream Theater
Rush
Radiohead
The Pixies
The Doors
Elo
Ok Go
Jethro Tull
The Beatles
Pearl Jam
Alice In Chains

ADH

Postby ADH » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:56 am

radu124 wrote:Can you give me more details?
On Joysticks/gamepads/guitars (made my own guitars :), they cost more than the originals) I currently only support buttons (which give you an on-off signal) I didn't look into supporting the (analog sort-of) input I think you're referring to (the ones which have a continuous range).
I saw on some devices they have a button to set how you want the device to act, they can produce either the on-off signal like the button press or the continuous one.
I will look into it, but I don't promise anything for the near future.

-- Edit: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:30 pm --

a'ha
it seems I was wrong. the hat does not have the continuous input type, it's more like a button.
This should be easy to fix.

yeah, idk about other guitars, but on both guitars that I have (Ps3 Les Paul and Xbox 360 Xplorer) The strum bar is actually registered the same as the D-Pad up and down arrows. Ya, it's like a button hopefully it will be easy to get working for ya :2thumbsup:

Return to “Other Music Games”