Rock Band 3, or GH:Warriors of Rock?

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 13 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.

What do you think is going to be better Rock Band 3 or GH:Warriors of Rock?

Rock Band 3 is going to destroy GH :Warriors of Rock
38%
I'm getting both
21%
I don't care
10%
GH: Warriors of Rock, GH is always gonna be better than Rock Band
31%

Total votes: 182
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Re: Rock Band 3, or GH:Warriors of Rock?

Postby aander91 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:36 am

warhol wrote:
amak11 wrote:@Vedicardi, 1 problem, Neversoft hasnt charted a single song for GHWoR. Vicarious Visions is handling the on-disc setlist, while Beenox is handling DLC.

Although it still stands that GH is overcharted, no matter who you say is fretting what

This, and don't even try to defend that Megadeth chart.

then it's not really difficulty that you're looking for, it's feeling like you're good at the game when in reality you could be just running your hand up and down every button on the neck and still be doing great.

Well...

Yeah, pretty much. I just wanna impress the betches.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:55 am

amak11 wrote:@Vedicardi, 1 problem, Neversoft hasnt charted a single song for GHWoR. Vicarious Visions is handling the on-disc setlist, while Beenox is handling DLC. Those statements you made are based on your fanboyism for RB. Your first response to me will probly be something along the line that i am a GH fanboy and that i fail as a charter because i cant see an overchart to save my life

Amak, you've proven yourself in EVERY thread about GH or RB that you are very much a GH fanboy and your opinion on anything ever doesn't matter.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:28 am

OzzyOzrock wrote:vedi likes undercharts though, right?

what kind of question is that lol

they used to underchart all the time (ramblin man etc) but not anymore

-- Edit: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:43 am --

amak11 wrote:@Vedicardi, 1 problem, Neversoft hasnt charted a single song for GHWoR. Vicarious Visions is handling the on-disc setlist, while Beenox is handling DLC. Those statements you made are based on your fanboyism for RB. Your first response to me will probly be something along the line that i am a GH fanboy and that i fail as a charter because i cant see an overchart to save my life

LOL

VV is only doing the wii port. why you think they would handle any of the charting is way over my head. VV merged with neversoft's GH division to an extent but they are still technically neversoft, and neversoft is the only company developing the base game

and beenox has been handling DLC since may. besides that isn't not like anyone has played any GH dlc since GH3's shred pack besides maybe a few hundred guys on scorehero

-- Edit: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:44 am --

and yes, even on top off all of that they are still awful charts so I don't understand what you're trying to do. you're not even defending the charts, you're just shifting the blame, as far as I can tell
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:03 pm

Awful charts or not, whos going to know besides communities like us? It's not like some 5 year old is going to point at the TV screen and say hey that's overcharted.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:23 pm

If you can pass the majority of the songs on Expert, then you should know when the notes just don't match up.
COUNTERPOINT

Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:42 pm

True, but even still people aren't going to just star at the notes and think that. They don't care. They just want to play.

My Song Thread
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:43 pm

So? How does that justify shtty charts?
COUNTERPOINT

Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:11 pm

It doesn't. All I'm saying is that the majority of the people who play the game aren't going to pay attention. The amount of people who do are outweighted by the people who don't so VV is going to carry on what they've been doing.

My Song Thread
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:07 pm

Rapt0r wrote:Amak, you've proven yourself in EVERY thread about GH or RB that you are very much a GH fanboy and your opinion on anything ever doesn't matter.

I am seriously tired of people calling me a fanboy. To an extent i do agree im a fan of GH, but no way in hell am i a full pledge fanboy.

aander91 wrote:This, and don't even try to defend that Megadeth chart.

I defend nothing! :huh:
I personally do not care for any chart, so long as the music is good, im happy.

vedicardi wrote:VV is only doing the wii port. why you think they would handle any of the charting is way over my head. VV merged with neversoft's GH division to an extent but they are still technically neversoft, and neversoft is the only company developing the base game

and beenox has been handling DLC since may. besides that isn't not like anyone has played any GH dlc since GH3's shred pack besides maybe a few hundred guys on scorehero

As for the first statement, i seriously wish i read more about it cause i didnt know.

And the second, i have purchased GH DLC, the only difference between Neversoft and Beenox is that Beenox loves to use overlapping notes.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:14 pm

Nah. You lie amak. You know, deep down, that your heart lies with Guitar Hero, and forever will.

wat

My Song Thread
I have special eyes
Belisario93

Postby Belisario93 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:15 pm

slashfan7964 wrote:It doesn't. All I'm saying is that the majority of the people who play the game aren't going to pay attention. The amount of people who do are outweighted by the people who don't so VV is going to carry on what they've been doing.

This is probably the smartest post I've ever seen you make. Congratulations.

Basically what he's getting at is that most people play these rhythm games (or any video game for that matter), to HAVE FUN. Honestly, the fact that people b*tch and moan about how "realistic" a chart is just makes me sick. If you don't like it sit down, shut the f*ck up, and let everybody enjoy a game without you being a little stuck up prick. It's one thing to voice your opinion on something, and then it's another to go broadcasting that same opinion over and over and over in every thread that mentions it. We get it, you don't like guitar hero. You're not going to suddenly make everyone suddenly say "f*ck this, it sucks. that random guy on the internet was right, there is no value in this game at all."

Remember kids (this goes for everyone, including the people that decide it's necessary to defend guitar hero):

Spoiler:Image

Granted, I like Rock Band more because of the setlist and the overall setting, but that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy my copy of GH3 and GHM.

As far as this next set of games go, I don't have any plans on buying either. Personally I think the Rock Band Pro Mode is a little bit of overkill, and I know I won't be using it if I get RB3 as I already have a real guitar, am not interested in learning the keyboard, and don't have the money to get another RB drum set (I have an RB1 kit). The new gameplay mode that GH will have sounds interesting, and I'm liking the setlist as well. Overall, both look pretty good as far as I know. However, I don't think I'll be buying either of these games anyways as I'll be too busy playing Gran Turismo 5 when it comes out in November.
dangit nobby
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:50 pm

the problem is overcharting is a GAMEPLAY problem.

example, a kid can get through all of GH2 on hard without too much of an issue but has a hard time beating slow ride on hard in GH3. They don't know how to chart and it ruins the game.

The amount of people who do are outweighted by the people who don't so VV is going to carry on what they've been doing.

yeah it's not like the GH brand is dying out at all
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:59 pm

Rythym games in general are a dieing genre. Keyboards and RBN will save RB. While GH RPG aspect will keep that game series going. They both hit the same fork in the fork in the road. RB went one way, while GH went the other. At some point those paths will end. For both GH and RB
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:03 pm

Cool your jets sir, we aren't far enough into this thread to be playing hero yet.

This forum consists of almost ALL die hard players or at least people have more knowledge about charting than your average Mom. Basically everyone here knows and overchart when they see one, and WE are having the discussion. It's fine to acknowledge that there are others who don't know as much about the game as we do, but to ask why we are debating the finer points of the game is just stupid.

Look at it this way. You go to a forum where two hobbyist engineers are debating on whether or not something should be on a plane design. You have no idea what they are talking about, but you can tell it's getting heated.

You go in and say, "Hey, nobody but an engineer is going to know what's there, so who cares?"

The both pause, look at you disgustedly and continue on.

Tl;dr: This is a rhythm game forum and the users have advanced knowledge of the subject. Let them discuss THAT, rather than the basics.
COUNTERPOINT

I have special eyes
Belisario93

Postby Belisario93 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:53 pm

aander, while normally I would agree with you, in this case it's almost always the same discussion. If they were arguing over new things, such as pro mode in RB or the new gameplay mode in GH:WoR, then I would have kept quiet. However, just about every thread involving GH and/or RB ends up with either the overchart/underchart discussion, the wide hit window discussion, or the discussion about drum sets, among others. They have been discussed to the point where everyone already knows what everyone else's opinion is on it, and almost the same exact points and arguments are being brought up every time. So basically, these discussions are doing nothing. They're old, yet they keep being brought up. It's useless clutter, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was being done to boost post counts. I don't mind a debate, but when it's the same debate that's been going on for years, it starts to get old.
dangit nobby

Return to “Other Music Games”