The Offical Rock Band 3 Thread

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 1 year and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Re: The Offical Rock Band 3 Thread

Postby vedicardi » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:42 pm

Like I said, I think they planned to implement it into the game eventually because they knew it was possible, but time restrictions with hardware/actual game development probably held them back from getting it into RB earlier
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:18 pm

Been playing RB3 for the past week or so ( since its leak online, before the release date ) and i think its a great game obviously i haven't been able to try any pro stuff yet, as the game wasn't even out when i got it, and it isn't released here yet either.. but i liked it a lot even just using the standard instruments. I'd say for the average gamer ( someone who isn't that bothered by 5 gold stars for every song on expert ) will enjoy it just as much as RB1 & 2. Something i did notice and thought was kinda neat.. In RB1 and 2 you could use a GHWT ( and above ) kit just fine, the yellow cymbal reacted like the yellow pad on the RB kit and you basically left the orange cymbal alone , it didn't do anything. They have now activated it so it does work in rb3 and it reacts as a cymbal not as a tom even tho it still activates the green pad. What i mean is, if you hit the green pad on the drums the green button on screen lights up, and you hear a tom sound, if you hit the orange cymbal the green button on screen lights up BUT you hear a cymbal sound, its like its reacting as a half pro drumkit ( altho you cannot select pro drums from the menu if you are using a wt kit :sad: ) It was nice during the drum fills to be able to play snare, hihat, 2 toms and a cymbal without having to wait till the green hit at the end of the fill to play it.. And if i'm playing a song and im doing the green tom and i know a cymbal is coming up i will switch and hit the cymbal rather than the tom pad, just so its more true to form. Plus when i get a real elec drumkit ( i plan on getting a yamaha dtx 950 some time early next year ) ill be better use to playing kinda in pro drum mode ( i will DEF have to hook the kit up to the xbox when i get it :love: )

I like the songs too, they seem charted well enough, altho i think they could have chosen a few different songs. seeing as they are going for extreme guitar playing i was surprised to see some bands lesser songs in the list, such as dire straits, walk of life rather than money for nothing ( i know gh6 has this, but it didn't stop them having bohemian rhapsody) but my point is, this is when we get to play the songs as close to the real thing as possible, and quite often if you know someone is learning to play real guitar if they was gonna learn a dire straits song its usually money for nothing as thats the well known guitar riff. Plus the drums ( esp the intro ) on that song are awsome on GH6 i can't even imagine how great they would be playing on Pro drums..

HEHE also as a side note.. ive been playing a lot of DJ hero 2 as well, great game, much improved over the original, took out the odd/weird features and added others that make more sense, great setlist too ( Jackson 5-ABC Vs Snow - Informer.. Edwin Star- WAR Vs Stevie wonder - superstition ) are great examples :tongue:

Yeah i like RB3 a lot, once its released over here ill definitely be buying it in a bundle of some sort.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:17 pm

I finally got an email back from MadCatz. The absolute official release date of the MIDI pro adapter is November 26. It might be nice if this could be put in the first post, along with the fact that the adapter is not only used for MIDI keyboards, but the Fender Squier and MIDI drum kits.
weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:34 pm

if anyone cares there is an rb3 demo on the playstation store 360 owners im pretty sure you will get one too eventually

it has 4 songs apparently:

Spoiler:Before I Forget by Slipknot
Cold as Ice by Foreigner
The Hardest Button to Button by The White Stripes
In The Meantime by Spacehog

Developer of clone hero, and Former FoFiX developer
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:48 pm

For those that are interested, GameShark (one of the major distributors of MadCatz merchandise) has the Mustang controller in stock for the Xbox 360:
http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp ... tegory=323

I placed an order and called them up to confirm they did have these in stock. If you sign up for their newsletter, you get a 10% coupon that you can use to effectively get 2 day shipping for free.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:31 pm

just checked the prices here. A whooping 20 dollars more here. Grand total of 169.99.
In my province, that brings it to 192.09 for that one guitar
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:50 pm

raynebc wrote:If all you're going to do is whine about the price, you might as well just stay out of this thread.

No, i clicked submit and didnt finish my post. stupid interwebz. Was going to add its cheaper then buying a normal guitar, in my case, and that i also might get it. Hell, i paid close to 300 for the first RB band kits, why not make an investment in the main instrument i play.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:30 pm

raynebc wrote:If all you're going to do is whine about the price, you might as well just stay out of this thread.

Now we can't complain about prices? It's a general thread, all aspects of the game are being discussed. Prices included. Stop whining about people whining.
I'm mad and sad that I already know the Fender Squier is going to cost "lods of monay". But that doesn't mean I ain't buying it.
I'll just have to save money for a while (maybe until next year).
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:58 pm

...and I thought I was obnoxious.
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:13 am

"Even I"? Interesting choice of words.

Anyway, it is a Rock Band 3 discussion thread, it's fair to complain about the price.

I don't care much about the price involved, I expected as much, myself. That said, I have my own issues with the Pro Guitar (minor annoyances) that will prevent me from blowing the cash on it and just sticking with Pro Drums and Keys.
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:46 am

The fact that it isn't a bass? :P
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:55 am

Ha ha, one of a few, for sure. A bass would be nice, but I'm not daft enough to expect one.

Return to “Other Music Games”