The Offical Rock Band 3 Thread

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 1 year and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
abloobloo
RedShadow

Re: The Offical Rock Band 3 Thread

Postby RedShadow » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:18 am

The PS2 can obviously have infinite players with multitaps.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:20 am

Can't wait to play 79 part vocals on O Fortuna.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:16 am

raynebc wrote:
wolferacing wrote:Actually, pro drum notes were never used for animations. All drum animating is done using completely different notes. The devs were just thinking ahead with pro drums.

My bad then, I misunderstood. I know that the Rock Band 2 had optional cymbal attachments, did the pro drum notation in RB2 ever get used to the point of requiring/rewarding the player to use the cymbals (if present) instead of the drum pads where appropriate?

Nah, the cymbals just registered as tom hits. The game couldn't tell the difference between cymbals and pads.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:46 am

The drummer sure does.
COUNTERPOINT

(0) <-- The Eye
angellinus

Postby angellinus » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:23 am

wolferacing wrote:Nah, the cymbals just registered as tom hits. The game couldn't tell the difference between cymbals and pads.

You mean I can hit cymbal notes with just toms in RB3 PRO?
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:54 am

angellinus wrote:
wolferacing wrote:Nah, the cymbals just registered as tom hits. The game couldn't tell the difference between cymbals and pads.

You mean I can hit cymbal notes with just toms in RB3 PRO?

I don't think you read the the question(raynebc's) to that answer carefully enough, they were actually talking about RB2 not RB3. RB2 had the option to attach cymbals to your kit, but the playable cymbal notes weren't charted any differently then the toms, ergo you could either play the cymbal parts with the toms or cymbal attachments.

There may be a miss understanding on raynbc's part though:
did the pro drum notation in RB2 ever get used to the point of requiring/rewarding the player to use the cymbals (if present) instead of the drum pads where appropriate?
Though you could attach optional cymbals, and RB2 did secretly have PRO drums already charted, they were unplayable in RB2. The only reason RB2 already had PRO drums charted was because HMX already knew what they wanted to do for RB3.

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:00 am

aander91 wrote:
The drummer sure does.

for the 100th time, animation authoring and actual chart authoring have little to do with each other. You could still put in the pro parts, but the game couldn't recognize them because I guess they just didn't have enough time to finish developing that feature or something.

-- Edit: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:02 am --

also I got the game yesterday and even without any peripherals I'm having a blast. Pretty excited to get a midi pro adapter or whatever to hook up my keyboard
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:02 pm

raynebc wrote:I'll probably cave and get the Mustang guitar, since it will likely be at least 3 months until the Squier has enough availability for me to get one.

3 months gives you time to save and gives you something to look forward too :).

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

WINNING!..DUH!
ThickAsABrick

Postby ThickAsABrick » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:56 pm

aander91 wrote:

The drummer sure does.

Wow that song is ripped off from that holiday song, Oh Chanukkah, Oh Chanukkah lol.
On the Topic of Six Year Old Girls:
Electro Tomato wrote:Because I want to have sex with them, that's why

ThickAsABrick's Theme Hero: 1950-2010 THE MUNSTERS ADDED! viewtopic.php?f=5&p=559396#p559396
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:35 am

wat
COUNTERPOINT

WINNING!..DUH!
ThickAsABrick

Postby ThickAsABrick » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:51 am

seriously, the main riff at the beginning of the song sounds like the melody in oh chanukkah, the "one for each night, they share a sweet light" part lol.
On the Topic of Six Year Old Girls:
Electro Tomato wrote:Because I want to have sex with them, that's why

ThickAsABrick's Theme Hero: 1950-2010 THE MUNSTERS ADDED! viewtopic.php?f=5&p=559396#p559396
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:47 pm

thats still pretty expensive
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Return to “Other Music Games”