The Offical Rock Band 3 Thread

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 1 year and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Re: The Offical Rock Band 3 Thread

Postby amak11 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:12 am

Woo, Gamestop Canada confirmed PS3 game/keyboard bundles. They should be in stores as early as tomorrow
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

drihscol

Postby drihscol » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:27 am

If you want to play the keyboard tracks on standard guitar, you have to unlock the ability first in your career.
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/bajnmkinaopofbfaopenlfooloknfjlf?hl=en-US

Spoiler:Bands I like

Pink Floyd
Dream Theater
Rush
Radiohead
The Pixies
The Doors
Elo
Ok Go
Jethro Tull
The Beatles
Pearl Jam
Alice In Chains

The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:50 pm

1) GH keys (which are played on guitar) on RB NO
2) bundle confirmed for canada so :P
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

It's a roflcopter!
MopHead

Postby MopHead » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:02 pm

amak11 wrote:GH keys (which are played on guitar) on RB NO

Indeed
46 songs - NEWEST SONG: The Faceless - Xenochrist

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/MopHeadMovs2 (over 3000 scrobbles, over 200 artists)

MOST REAL METAL IS NOT ON THE MAINSTREAM RADIO!
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:11 pm

Oh
RB2 imports: 10 dollars for everything except: “Let There Be Rock” by AC/DC, “Any Way You Want It” by Journey, “Battery” by Metallica, “Give It Away” by Red Hot Chili Peppers, “Spoonman” by Soundgarden

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:20 pm

also all HMX bonus songs from rb2 don't transfer but are soon to be re-released as free DLC
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:52 pm

amak11 wrote:Oh
RB2 imports: 10 dollars for everything except: “Let There Be Rock” by AC/DC, “Any Way You Want It” by Journey, “Battery” by Metallica, “Give It Away” by Red Hot Chili Peppers, “Spoonman” by Soundgarden

What? Ooow, I love Spoonman :I Is it DLC?
It's a roflcopter!
MopHead

Postby MopHead » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:55 pm

I'm getting Rock Band 3 for my 15th birthday. I need it so I can get new DLC.
46 songs - NEWEST SONG: The Faceless - Xenochrist

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/MopHeadMovs2 (over 3000 scrobbles, over 200 artists)

MOST REAL METAL IS NOT ON THE MAINSTREAM RADIO!
Cutting Briers
Qwedgeonline

Postby Qwedgeonline » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:16 pm

So if I have Rock Band 1 imports on Rock Band 2, can I use the $10 import to import both games' soundtracks into Rock Band 3.
Can we get this forum going again?
R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:23 pm

Yep. I'm not getting rb3.

I am more than content with RB2 and GH6.
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:46 pm

Qwedgeonline wrote:So if I have Rock Band 1 imports on Rock Band 2, can I use the $10 import to import both games' soundtracks into Rock Band 3.

You have already imported Rock Band 1 in your library, Rock Band 3 should see it first thing, no further payment is necessary.

You will need to use the code on the back of your manual to import the RB2 songs, however. And that is $10.

Metallicaholic666 wrote:

Yep. I'm not getting rb3.

I am more than content with RB2 and GH6.

Let's be real. Let There Be Rock was a terrible song, Battery was over-played, as was Spoonman.

The only real disappointment for me is Anyway You Want It because of the sheer awesomeness of the song, and Give it Away since, you know, I bought the album.

That said, is it that much of a tedious task to pop in Rock Band 2 if, for some reason, you decide to play one of those six songs?
R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:04 pm

Lysdestic wrote:That said, is it that much of a tedious task to pop in Rock Band 2 if, for some reason, you decide to play one of those six songs?

See, I already spent 60 bucks getting Warriors Of Rock which I really like a lot.
I'm not spending another 60 just to make a few people happy (there's a few people who tell me on a daily basis to get it)
I don't care for the charts, or the way it looks now.

Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:28 pm

Ah, gotcha. See, I had assumed because of your quote that you weren't getting it because the loss of those six songs, which would have been silly.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:37 am

Qwedgeonline wrote:So if I have Rock Band 1 imports on Rock Band 2, can I use the $10 import to import both games' soundtracks into Rock Band 3.

in case you all didn't know, when you "export" songs it's really downloading them, not ripping them from the disc. Once you have RB1's songs DL'd, they're there, they have nothing to do with RB2, they are read basically as generic RB DLC
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:39 am

Got it tonight with the keyboard.

Game is pretty meh to be honest. There's not a whole lot that is exciting or new seeing as normal Keys is basically guitar. Hell, you can even play guitar charts with the keyboard. Pro Keys is nasty, I'll have to work on that one, but really, the game is crazy amounts of easy and it still just feels like the same games with not much added. I know that sounds ridiculous since this one is a huge step for rhythm games, but really, there aren't many songs with an interesting Key part anyway. I played Rainbow in the Dark for about 3 minutes before quitting and played notes for about 30 seconds of the 3 minutes. It's obviously no fault of the developers, but Keys pretty much sucks for any song that isn't Bohemian Rhapsody or any other song lower than Impossible.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble

Return to “Other Music Games”