The Offical Rock Band 3 Thread

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 1 year and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Derp
slashfan7964

Re: The Offical Rock Band 3 Thread

Postby slashfan7964 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:29 pm

Well I don't mean I don't care about it completely. I mean yeah, it's a cool feature, but I'm fine with just some good songs that I like. It's kinda overwhelming with all these features.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:38 pm

I like the pro mode as far as guitar goes, because it could probably help in my wanting to learn guitar. Sure I could go pay for a real guitar and some lessons, but this way would actually be fun.
Image Image
Image Image

Amak11 wrote:haha, if only you were of age
SUPERFAST JELLYFISH
Jrofl24

Postby Jrofl24 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:43 pm

I noticed that they replaced the neck with a blue design instead of the transparent black (unless it's only like that under special means). So what color is the neck during a bass groove if the neck is already blue?
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:43 pm

I'm laughing because not a single person has replied to a single one of estemshorn's 5 or so posts in this thread

I'm hoping that this means that he is on everyone's block list hahaha

-- Edit: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:44 pm --

Jrofl24 wrote:I noticed that they replaced the neck with a blue design instead of the transparent black (unless it's only like that under special means). So what color is the neck during a bass groove if the neck is already blue?

They would just add a pattern.. Notice how when you active overdrive, the neck itself doesn't change, it just overlays a pattern.
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:46 pm

Also they better announce some billy joel for this game.

Billy Joel has always been worth of rock band, but now it's even awesomer. They better at least have piano man.

-- Edit: Fri, Jun 11, 2010 6:46 --

vedicardi wrote:I'm laughing because not a single person has replied to a single one of estemshorn's 5 or so posts in this thread

oh you :rolleyes:
Image Image
Image Image

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:47 pm

The 2000s songs seem a bit unknown, but look into them. Most of them have cool keyboard, female vocals, or are actually pretty well known (particularly The Vines, great song). Having a spanish song on disc is cool as well.

-- Edit: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:48 pm --

slashfan7964 wrote:Well I don't mean I don't care about it completely. I mean yeah, it's a cool feature, but I'm fine with just some good songs that I like. It's kinda overwhelming with all these features.

Yeah I really wish they put in less new stuff.
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:48 pm

vedicardi wrote:The 2000s songs seem a bit unknown, but look into them. Most of them have cool keyboard, female vocals, or are actually pretty well known (particularly The Vines, great song).

Yeah The Vines was actually good, but seriously there's some weird newish spanish song on there. And it's not even one of those good spanish songs like La Bamba or something, it's just like eh.
Image Image
Image Image

R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:49 pm

estemshorn wrote:I like the pro mode as far as guitar goes, because it could probably help in my wanting to learn guitar. Sure I could go pay for a real guitar and some lessons, but this way would actually be fun.

Vedi's post is now invalid.

Lessons can be fun but obviously you have to be playing some gaems to have fun.
face it, you're addicted.
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:49 pm

I think this could turn out pretty good if they keep work up on this. Like said before, the GFX look kinda yucky lol. I also think that should even out over the next few months.

My Song Thread
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:50 pm

Metallicaholic666 wrote:
estemshorn wrote:I like the pro mode as far as guitar goes, because it could probably help in my wanting to learn guitar. Sure I could go pay for a real guitar and some lessons, but this way would actually be fun.

Vedi's post is now invalid.

Lessons can be fun but obviously you have to be playing some gaems to have fun.
face it, you're addicted.

Well I'm not really addicted. If I was addicted I would be killing myself over the fact that I have no PS3, and that the only game i've played this week was Roller Coaster Tycoon.

--EDIT--

Also kind of random, but I'm gonna add Video Killed The Radio Star to my wishlist. Idk why, but it'd fun to play.
Last edited by estemshorn on Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Image Image

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:51 pm

What would be even more fun is if they allow you to mute the guitar track when you're playing, so if you're playing with one of those electric/MIDI hybrid guitars, you can plug it into an amp and REALLY play along with the song. This would do quite a bit to make guitar practice more fun, although I can't imagine that it wouldn't be a very affordable guitar. Current electric+MIDI guitars seem to be well above the $500 price point. But I wonder if Harmonix will allow any MIDI guitar to be used, or just pre-approved ones like the RB3 Squier.
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:53 pm

raynebc wrote:What would be even more fun is if they allow you to mute the guitar track when you're playing, so if you're playing with one of those electric/MIDI hybrid guitars, you can plug it into an amp and REALLY play along with the song. This would do quite a bit to make guitar practice more fun, although I can't imagine that it wouldn't be a very affordable guitar. Current electric+MIDI guitars seem to be well above the $500 price point. But I wonder if Harmonix will allow any MIDI guitar to be used, or just pre-approved ones like the RB3 Squier.

Yeah, right now the MIDI converter is said to only allow Midi Drums and Midi Keyboards. But not guitars.
Image Image
Image Image

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:54 pm

There's another fully functioning guitar being made by Madcatz, with 22 frets and all, the buttons built way down into the neck, with the ability to plug it into an amp and all. Price point is probably quite a bit higher.

http://www.destructoid.com/pre-e3-harmo ... 6056.phtml
Last edited by vedicardi on Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:54 pm

I'm thinking that if the keyboard is allowing MIDI, that eventually all instruments will be in at least RB4 (if they have it). They aren't gonna just do one instrument and forget the rest.

My Song Thread

Return to “Other Music Games”