The Offical Rock Band 3 Thread

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 1 year and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
estemshorn

Re: The Offical Rock Band 3 Thread

Postby estemshorn » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:56 pm

slashfan7964 wrote:I'm thinking that if the keyboard is allowing MIDI, that eventually all instruments will be in at least RB4 (if they have it). They aren't gonna just do one instrument and forget the rest.

I could see drums, keyboard, and pro guitar being MIDI, but not regular guitar/bass, the one with only 5 frets. It'd be pretty useless if you ask me
Image Image
Image Image

Amak11 wrote:haha, if only you were of age
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:57 pm

vedicardi wrote:I'm laughing because not a single person has replied to a single one of estemshorn's 5 or so posts in this thread

I'm hoping that this means that he is on everyone's block list hahaha

Who!!!?!?

slashfan7964 wrote:I'm thinking that if the keyboard is allowing MIDI, that eventually all instruments will be in at least RB4 (if they have it). They aren't gonna just do one instrument and forget the rest.

No, RB4 will be the addition of the One Man Band
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:58 pm

also here's hoping to having keyboard cat as a bonus character
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:00 pm

vedicardi wrote:also here's hoping to having keyboard cat as a bonus character

this.

Would be the best character in a video game EVAR
Image Image
Image Image

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:05 pm

Maybe if enough people ask for it, they would add generic MIDI guitar support. They don't have much to lose, unless they signed some kind of agreement with Fender not to allow other electric guitars be used in the game. If they allowed it, people could just get a Roland GK3 guitar pickup for a couple hundred dollars. It doesn't even have to be permanently installed on a guitar (ie. drilling into the guitar to mount it), that's entirely optional.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:08 pm

raynebc wrote:Maybe if enough people ask for it, they would add generic MIDI guitar support. They don't have much to lose, unless they signed some kind of agreement with Fender not to allow other electric guitars be used in the game. If they allowed it, people could just get a Roland GK3 guitar pickup for a couple hundred dollars. It doesn't even have to be permanently installed on a guitar (ie. drilling into the guitar to mount it), that's entirely optional.

Well they have gretsch and all that in RB2, among others, so I don't see why not.

They already have something implemented in the pro guitars to recognize pitch (pressure sensitive frets or something like that) so I don't know what that pick up would do. It should work the same way.

Also for those of you unaware, this is what the keyboard looks like when not in pro mode

Just standard 5 notes. This means that you can use a guitar to play keyboard (not in pro mode of course) or you can use a keyboard to play guitar.
Last edited by vedicardi on Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:13 pm

vedicardi wrote:also here's hoping to having keyboard cat as a bonus character

You deserve a beer for that one.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:14 pm

It's possible, but unlikely for RB3 I think... Unless in a patch. Midi guitars aren't exact a household item or anything close, but I see the appeal.
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:21 pm

So uh, this game is going to be pretty sweet.

I saw the video and info drop the other night and have been doing everything I could not to think about it -- It's too exciting.
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:22 pm

It's been a while since I've been this excited about a game.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:23 pm

Lysdestic wrote:I saw the video and info drop the other night and have been doing everything I could not to think about it -- It's too exciting.

Same here...
Image Image
Image Image

Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:25 pm

It's just OMG. I really thought the Keyboards were going to brighten up the series, but this is too much lol. It's like holy crap

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:27 pm

slashfan7964 wrote:It's just OMG. I really thought the Keyboards were going to brighten up the series, but this is too much lol. It's like holy crap

Inorite?

Rock band 3 is by far going to be the game of the year.
Image Image
Image Image

The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:27 pm

slashfan7964 wrote:It's been a while since I've been this excited about a game.

Added to my most wanted list:

mafia 2
GH:WoR
RB3/Keyboard bundle

Why buy another band kit if i dont need it, right? Piano Man better make an appearance, its one of my favorite Billy Joel songs. Also, keyboard means that TSO is a possibility now. Woo
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Return to “Other Music Games”