The Offical Rock Band 3 Thread

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 1 year and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Re: The Offical Rock Band 3 Thread (Rumored songs added)

Postby vedicardi » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:16 pm

slashfan7964 wrote:Less charts but don't forget they still need to make stuff for RB2. I personally think they will do less charts, however they have 2 downloads. The game you play on is the download you get, meaning RB2 would have everything but pro-instruments and RB2 users would download that, and RB3 users will have the same content with the pro instruments added in.

wow. you didn't know this? all future dlc after RB3 release won't be supported by older games

I need to read threads
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:59 pm

hmm, maybe i should rephrase my previous statement based on the fact vedi changed his. nah. It's out there and i have some non-fofix coding to do.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 am

amak11 wrote:
slashfan7964 wrote:Less charts but don't forget they still need to make stuff for RB2. I personally think they will do less charts, however they have 2 downloads. The game you play on is the download you get, meaning RB2 would have everything but pro-instruments and RB2 users would download that, and RB3 users will have the same content with the pro instruments added in.

In what world will this work, it is not good business practice to still develop content for a older game in the series. Once RB3 is out, all DLC will be RB3 only.

i remember something from a pax video a few weeks ago that they will most likely offer the same dlc at 2 prices 1 with pro instruments, and one without, and the pro one will be more expencive, and that they wont be releasing pro compatible charts for every song, because of the large amount of time to make the pro guitar chart i know it was on rb-aide.
Developer of clone hero, and Former FoFiX developer
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:19 pm

amak11 wrote:n what world will this work, it is not good business practice to still develop content for a older game in the series. Once RB3 is out, all DLC will be RB3 only.

Thus losing players.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:00 pm

slashfan7964 wrote:
amak11 wrote:n what world will this work, it is not good business practice to still develop content for a older game in the series. Once RB3 is out, all DLC will be RB3 only.

Thus losing players.

And the in and out of school business programs i voluntarily took part in mean nothing, ok
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:12 pm

Yeah, lots of people are gonna be like "f*ck that, I'm fine with rock band 2 and all the dlc i downloaded before rb3 came out, I don't want to go out and buy rb3 just so i can have newer dlc"

But then again, there will also be tons of people who would lvoe to buy rb3 even if it wasn't for the dlc.

So really, yes, they are losing some players, but not a big enough amount of them to make them want to make the dlc backwards compatible. (so they wouldn't be losing much)
Image Image
Image Image

Amak11 wrote:haha, if only you were of age
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:25 pm

RBN will still work with RB2 so at least there's that
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:50 pm

vedicardi wrote:RBN will still work with RB2 so at least there's that

RBN will only last for so long on RB2 after RB3 releases. There are plans to go to RBN2 at begining of next year.

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:48 am

raynebc wrote:Does that mean they won't let RBN chart vocal harmonies and keys until support for RB2 is dropped?

i really dont know, i imagine they will add support for them to be passed through Magma. RB2 is only told to look at certain parts of the midi files anyways. So even if the song has a keys part, it wont show up in RB2, much the same way as the pro drum toms. idk about harmonies though

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:44 am

for someone that works on RBN you sure don't know much about RBN 2
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:15 am

Thats probably because of 2 things:

He's lying

OR

They haven't said anything yet.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Awesome Drum Charter
anthman852

Postby anthman852 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:33 am

There are no hard set dates yet for when RBN will switch to RBN2.

They will be sending out the REAPER tools around the launch of RB3, then later on in the year they will patch RB3 with a new audition mode. From that point people will most likely be able to start submitting songs with keys/harmonies to playtest/peer review. There is no hard set date for when every song released will not be RB2 compatible.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:40 am

vedicardi wrote:for someone that works on RBN you sure don't know much about RBN 2

Between school, RBN and life, i dont have time to find out every fact. For the most part i try to read as much as i possibly can about it. :unsure:

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:29 am

nope we have no solutions sorry

Return to “Other Music Games”