The Offical Rock Band 3 Thread

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 1 year and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Re: The Offical Rock Band 3 Thread (Rumored songs added)

Postby vedicardi » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:07 pm

you realize that he's not actually playing 4 guitars at once and that freight train is an awful song, don't you?
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
back from the dead
thebocaj

Postby thebocaj » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:33 pm

vedicardi wrote:you realize that he's not actually playing 4 guitars at once and that freight train is an awful song, don't you?

Yes I do, but that isn't the point. :p

Edit: But he does do two at the same time at some parts.
Last edited by thebocaj on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Charts:
I · II · III · IV · V · VI · Clone Hero conversions
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:18 pm

vedicardi wrote:chances are they'll just have you play it (whatever you're playing on the high frets) an octave lower

That's what I was thinking, but that means your not always technically playing the song the way it's played in real life, so if you want to play it away from the game your going to need to re-memorize parts an octave lower.

That's not really a big deal, but it'll be annoying after playing it one way for so long.

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:54 am

it's really all about the motion of the hands which with the exception of any solo patterns that include BOTH the G and B string there won't be much an issue. Even with those exceptions it's only a one fret difference
Deff Janiels
jdawg

Postby jdawg » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:27 am

Well I am let down that there is not much metal, but there is also a let down on difficulty, i'm just wondering if they are thinking that pro drums and pro guitar themselves will make rock band more difficult, although pro drums are the same as playing was before with cymbals, if you used them.
Ions are here, amazang
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:59 am

well with a lack of metal generally comes a lack of difficulty. I think pro guitar will easily make up for that for now at least. otherwise you can get your difficulty fix easily from RBN
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:00 am

vedicardi wrote:otherwise you can get your difficulty fix easily from RBN

This, but that really doesn't justify another $60 dollar game for me. I'd like to pay for the setlist and the game, not just the game.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:02 am

In that regard it comes down to who you are and what you're looking for from the on disc setlist
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:21 am

aander91 wrote:
vedicardi wrote:otherwise you can get your difficulty fix easily from RBN

This, but that really doesn't justify another $60 dollar game for me. I'd like to pay for the setlist and the game, not just the game.

Exactly what I was saying a few pages back:
Ambiguity wrote:It's kind of a bummer to have to buy a game and have to buy basically a completely new setlist because the one on-disc sucks though IMO. It's a really good way for Harmonix to make money though(which is probably part of the reason they do it) :).

Even with the guitar in mind, why would you wanna pay around $200 for the guitar and $60 for the game, only to be able to play a disappointing setlist? I get that not everyone is disappointed with the setlist like vedi' says, but like you I just can't justify the expense if it's not likely to be fun for me.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Deff Janiels
jdawg

Postby jdawg » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:58 am

There is a lot of good songs on the game, but they are mostly in my opinion those types of songs that you play a couple times when the game comes out then never think of playing them again.

Also me being a guitar player i'm more interested in the difficulty of what the keyboard has to offer, it seems like a more stable type of feature compared to the pro guitar videos i've seen. I already know I can play crazy train on real guitar but do i really have to pass it on RB3 to say i'm legit? I don't know why i'm not interested in pro guitar, it might be the price or the idea that I already know guitar and everyone else wants to learn it on a video game, haha.

I'm still heartbroken about no Dream Theater, or any other challenging song on keyboard. But imagine by john lennon is going to be great, but when you think of it, when you have real guitar and real keyboard, it translates what would be easy on a plastic 5 fret controller into fun and exciting on real instruments.
Ions are here, amazang
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:56 am

I'd say DT songs are easy on keyboard. They may have some "solo" sections but otherwise it's not like they're doing anything revolutionary in regards to technical keyboard playing. I mean you already get a few songs that will be even more difficult on keyboards than most DT songs. Roundabout being one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byeSPOIffVE

more keyboard solos in the phish song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1yAiyaVgaU

etc etc
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:24 am

I'm excited that Yes is finally getting in, especially this song since it's from Fragile (The whole CD is Jesus), but I really thought keys would mean Stratovarious, CoB, DT, Symphony X, etc. I was really hoping this would be fulfilled.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:39 pm

no, all future DLC will be RB3 only, though RBN will work on all platforms
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:02 pm

I bet we as a community could make a better setlist if we didn't try.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.

Return to “Other Music Games”