The Offical Rock Band 3 Thread

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 1 year and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
estemshorn

Re: The Offical Rock Band 3 Thread (Rumored songs added)

Postby estemshorn » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:48 pm

raynebc wrote:That's a pretty good way to make people get a newer version of Rock Band, but I suppose when they change the MIDI so much, there may not be a choice.

Yes, because Harmonix would love to make it backwards-compatible if they could. It's just technically impossible to do that without ASSLOADS of work on dumbing down the songs.
Image Image
Image Image

Amak11 wrote:haha, if only you were of age
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:14 pm

Yeah dumbing down not only in the charts but the animations as well, etc. Not only that but the work it would take to get the new charts working in RB2/1 when the new charts all require all this extra info for harmonies and keyboards etc must be mind numbing.
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:17 pm

RedShadow wrote:Cool, any words on the pricing of the Fender Stratocaster?
Or, if all DLC will be PRO mode compatible?

I dont think all the old DLC will be full PRO mode compatible. At most i see the good majority of the drum charts over the past 2.5 years will be pro drums.

Im only going off what i have learned so far doing RBN as we have the option to add in Pro tom. They also could release a patch to add keys and whatever else to all or select old songs

Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:46 pm

pro guitar will take too much time but yeah, I can see the pro drums being a thing.
drihscol

Postby drihscol » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:36 am

...what?
Pro drums are already charted. the game hasn't screwed up so far with having that information, so why would it now?
although, perhaps the games are screwing up seeing new parts it doesn't recognise, or it screws up when it's being told that tracks in the moggs are for keys.
but couldn't that be patched? (except for the wii, but that's it's own fault) seems a little lazy to me.
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/bajnmkinaopofbfaopenlfooloknfjlf?hl=en-US

Spoiler:Bands I like

Pink Floyd
Dream Theater
Rush
Radiohead
The Pixies
The Doors
Elo
Ok Go
Jethro Tull
The Beatles
Pearl Jam
Alice In Chains

The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:54 pm

drihscol wrote:...what?
Pro drums are already charted. the game hasn't screwed up so far with having that information, so why would it now?

It wont screw up becuase it wont recognize that information. Its like trying to open a .7z file without a 3rd party program on windows. You need to have support for it to read right
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:40 pm

amak11 wrote:

It wont screw up becuase it wont recognize that information. Its like trying to open a .7z file without a 3rd party program on windows. You need to have support for it to read right

All rock band 3 is doing with the pro drums is telling it what to do.

The pro drums were charted back since rock band 1, but until now they were just sitting there, being useless, when Rock Band 3 comes along, instead of having them do nothing, it tells it what it's supposed to do.
Image Image
Image Image

runnin' down a dream
DreamOnMan92

Postby DreamOnMan92 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:07 pm

Am I the only one here who's thinking this is THE best setlist of any GH/RB gam ever? Yeah, we said that with RB2, but 3 tops it pretty easily.
DREAMONSONGS THREAD Newest:
Tom Petty - Don't Do Me Like That
Bon Jovi - Runaway
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:09 pm

nah, gh2 is still the best setlist.
Image Image
Image Image

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:28 pm

although, perhaps the games are screwing up seeing new parts it doesn't recognise, or it screws up when it's being told that tracks in the moggs are for keys.
but couldn't that be patched? (except for the wii, but that's it's own fault) seems a little lazy to me.

because future DLC will not only have pro drums, but pro guitar, bass, and keyboard parts as well as harmonies

-- Edit: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:30 pm --

GH2 has the best on-disc setlist but really the best "setlist" is just the RB franchise in general since it can have nearly 2000 songs with DLC. With that much variety you can't really beat it. I mean now with all of the DLC released for RB I already have about 1/2th of GH2's setlist. If it were released a GH game now I probably wouldn't buy it.
runnin' down a dream
DreamOnMan92

Postby DreamOnMan92 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:05 pm

vedicardi wrote:

because future DLC will not only have pro drums, but pro guitar, bass, and keyboard parts as well as harmonies

-- Edit: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:30 pm --

GH2 has the best on-disc setlist but really the best "setlist" is just the RB franchise in general since it can have nearly 2000 songs with DLC. With that much variety you can't really beat it. I mean now with all of the DLC released for RB I already have about 1/2th of GH2's setlist. If it were released a GH game now I probably wouldn't buy it.

How has HMX not secured SCoM as DLC anyway? That would be huge $$$ in DLC sales. Might as well make a GnR 3pack with that, Jungle and Paradise City.
DREAMONSONGS THREAD Newest:
Tom Petty - Don't Do Me Like That
Bon Jovi - Runaway
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:08 pm

It's kind of a bummer to have to buy a game and have to buy basically a completely new setlist because the one on-disc sucks though IMO. It's a really good way for Harmonix to make money though(which is probably part of the reason they do it) :).

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:37 pm

But... haven't you seen the RB3 setlist or something. It's great.
weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:56 pm

RedShadow wrote:But... haven't you seen the RB3 setlist or something. It's great.

yeah it is pretty great, i pretty much like most of it
Developer of clone hero, and Former FoFiX developer
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:14 pm

But seriously.

Why the hell would harmonix put amy winehouse on here?

I mean I could deal with it being DLC because then I wouldn't have to buy it, but now they're forcing me to baww
Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Other Music Games”