- Phase Shift -

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 6 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
ctrl-alt-deleted
kamakazikilla

Re: Phase Shift [v0.71]

Postby kamakazikilla » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:23 pm

haha, so much arguments... i'm all for PS because it has more guitar options (what?? guitar?? who cares about that??)

plus it doesn't lag hard.... so whenever some cool themes (preferably guitar hero) come out, i couldn't think of a whole lot that fofix has over it... but i have to agree in terms of originality... it's definately a clone, but i would say that it's very well done as far as implementing features from a wider range of games than one series...

long story short, call the fire dept. too many flames over here... lol
My Ongoing Song Thread <--old

############
Union Hero <--- where my new work is being kept
############

Make A Request Here!! I'LL FRET YOU A SONG =D

EOF Sync Tutorial And FAQ
GH Style Notes For Phase Shift
Rock Band Style Notes For Phase Shift
LongTimeGoner
PiXeLaDo

Postby PiXeLaDo » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:43 pm

Yep, this guys got mad for nothing. I don't really see a reason for moaning about a game which isn't even paid for.

Don't like it? Don't play it!
fatdog

Postby fatdog » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:40 am

amak11 wrote:
fatdog wrote:fof isn't going anywhere as its multiplatform, and we haven't made an incompatible song format so this is a non issue, everything you've moaned about today has been based on incorrect assumptions

Well you're half right. FoF isnt going anywhere. FoFiX is going places because its multiplatform. Just a small incorrect assumption in your wording, no biggie :)

you just didn't understand what i was saying by going anywhere, i was saying fof won't die because its multiplatform, not that the project has no potential, so guess what you just did

and quite funny moment to pick for calling us a clone just after people are getting pissy that we aren't cloning features and going our own direction, we are certainly not same boat as something that goes out its way to replicate a game down to the minor details visually and gameplay wise, yes we are heavily influenced, but we have our own direction and goals

to explain it a bit better, the main reason why we push the non cloning message is because many people seem to expect things to be cloned as that is what they are used to in fof and can't seem to understand ps is its own project and people actually get angry when you try to experiment and branch out, so we say that to make it clear off the bat not to expect that, the people who want a clone are the ones doing all the moaning so they pretty much prove our point for us
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:14 am

fatdog wrote:the people who want a clone are the ones doing all the moaning so they pretty much prove our point for us

Agreed, it seems to me that people think this project is an extension of FoF/iX, it's terrible when people don't know how to read the words "Other Music Games".

Seriously guys, most of you are always saying how FoFiX is separate from FoF, and it's pretty obvious that GH is separate from RB, PS is separate in the exact same way. Different teams have different visions, so let them do as they please.

I don't think I could say it any better the death_au said it not so long ago:
"There are others who will not like the fact that you refuse to support feature X. Ignore them. It's your game, do what you want with it. If they don't like it, tough."

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:57 am

Yeah I completely agree with Ambiguity there. If you don't like it, either don't play it, or get off your ass and do something about it (hence making your own damn game).

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:37 pm

fatdog wrote:you just didn't understand what i was saying by going anywhere, i was saying fof won't die because its multiplatform, not that the project has no potential, so guess what you just did

Well...touche! :laugh:

This is why half the forum doesnt understand me, nor my intensions. In essence you ARE a clone for the fact that you copied the ability to play guitar and bass in a similar fashion to GH and RB. So dont play off your own thing. I understand that visually and in the code you are 100% different, doesnt make it not a clone. All im saying, find a feature that hasnt been exploited in any music game and use that to call your "supirior" product unique.

Now the other thing, Im pretty sure someone said in a recent page that fofix is a GH/RB clone. Well thats just themes honestly. It can have its own designs and such. Fatdog, i bet you remember the old 8-bit theme that project clone did (despite the name, lol). Even all the stuff blazingamer has contributed is very unique and out there. Anyways, sorry for all this semi-sorta off topic-ness
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:09 pm

Read back, i called FoFiX and FoF a clone, anyways, sorry again for the off-topic post
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

fatdog

Postby fatdog » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:17 pm

a clone would be something that has set out to be the same as, not something thats similar to, you could make a huge list of similar elements between any games that are found within the same genre and try to claim they are clones

in the case of fofix, it goes beyond just the ripped theme graphics, the theme code was specifically geared around replicating the meters and bars as close as they could manage to allow those themes to work, it was a project goal at the time and thats fine, they were doing what they wanted and good for them, they set out some goals and did such a good job that when i used to play fof a number of people i showed the game to actually thought i was playing rb

for on topic news, we actually just added a new feature today for our pro guitar system and its not something found in rb
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:50 pm

why does this "Phase Shift is a clone" argument keep coming back? if you call PS a clone then guess what? you can call RB a clone, and since Im pretty sure there was a game before guitar hero, you can call GH a clone as well, Harmonix and Activision dont own the friggin genre people, thats like saying that "call of duty" was a clone of Doom, see? dont work right?
Image Image
beebe

Postby beebe » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:13 pm

Asskickulater wrote:why does this "Phase Shift is a clone" argument keep coming back? if you call PS a clone then guess what? you can call RB a clone, and since Im pretty sure there was a game before guitar hero, you can call GH a clone as well, Harmonix and Activision dont own the friggin genre people, thats like saying that "call of duty" was a clone of Doom, see? dont work right?

Guitar Hero was the first, unless you want to count DDR but DDR wasn't the same kind of rhythm game.

Spoiler:

Image"I. F*cking. Love. Penguins!"

Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:16 pm

I could have sworn there was something similar to Guitar Hero....not exactly the same concept, but the same idea.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:21 pm

I am pretty sure there was a free game before guitar hero... not 100% on that though..
Image Image
Eze_2k

Postby Eze_2k » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:12 pm

windows is a clone of mac
Pardon my crappy english
Songs:
Megaman 3 - Snake man
Megaman 3 - Boss

Return to “Other Music Games”