- Phase Shift -

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 6 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Re: Phase Shift [v0.71]

Postby amak11 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:39 am

huh?... the orange notes get moved to green. its been that way ever since GH5.

(i play a lot of GH drums on a RB kit.)
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:48 pm

Just assign them like so;
Bass = Kick
Red = Snare
Yellow Blue Green = Cymbals and Toms

It really doesn't matter about cutting both the cymbal and tom audio at once since they are rarely played together and RB tracks have them baked together anyway.

Oh, and remember during disco flip events on RB the snare (red) audio gets swapped with the tom/cymbal stem
beebe

Postby beebe » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Does anyone know what year Phase Shift was released?

Spoiler:

Image"I. F*cking. Love. Penguins!"

f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:49 pm

the first public beta was released late 2009
Image Image
beebe

Postby beebe » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:50 pm

Asskickulater wrote:the first public beta was released late 2009

Alright thanks man

Spoiler:

Image"I. F*cking. Love. Penguins!"

THE HYPNOTOAD!
thekiwimaddog

Postby thekiwimaddog » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:18 am

wolferacing wrote:Just assign them like so;
Bass = Kick
Red = Snare
Yellow Blue Green = Cymbals and Toms

It really doesn't matter about cutting both the cymbal and tom audio at once since they are rarely played together and RB tracks have them baked together anyway.

Oh, and remember during disco flip events on RB the snare (red) audio gets swapped with the tom/cymbal stem

What's Disco Flip Events??

David

-- Edit: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:19 pm --

beebe wrote:Does anyone know what year Phase Shift was released?

The First Piublic Release Wasn't Untill April 10th This Year (2010).
I began Work On The Project In January So We Are Close To Our Birthday!

David

-- Edit: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:38 pm --

amak11 wrote:huh?... the orange notes get moved to green. its been that way ever since GH5.

(i play a lot of GH drums on a RB kit.)

Are you 100% sure about this?
I know that GH:WT notes get moved to Blue I assumed the same was for GH5/GH:WOR.

David
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:47 am

Examples of disco flip can be seen in song like Run to the Hills, and Everlong. When the drums has a fast 2 hand hi hat pattern the hi hats get authored on red, and the snare on yellow. It's mainly to reduce having to cross hands. The text event is called "drums3d". Yellow will now mute the Snare stem while red mutes the Tom/Cymbal stem.
THE HYPNOTOAD!
thekiwimaddog

Postby thekiwimaddog » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:51 am

wolferacing wrote:Examples of disco flip can be seen in song like Run to the Hills, and Everlong. When the drums has a fast 2 hand hi hat pattern the hi hats get authored on red, and the snare on yellow. It's mainly to reduce having to cross hands. The text event is called "drums3d". Yellow will now mute the Snare stem while red mutes the Tom/Cymbal stem.

Is this text event in the PART DRUMS MIDI track or the Events Track??

Thanks
David

-- Edit: Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:07 pm --

Also is this a one off event or can It be turned on and off many times during a song??

Sorry for all the questions but I wanna get this right.

Thanks
David
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:59 pm

It is located in PART DRUMS and can be turned on and off many times within the song.

Also it's alright about asking a bunch of questions! :)

EDIT: And to be more specific about the actual event, it will look like [mix 3 drums3d] the number after "drums" may be different depending on the stem mix.
THE HYPNOTOAD!
thekiwimaddog

Postby thekiwimaddog » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:29 pm

wolferacing wrote:It is located in PART DRUMS and can be turned on and off many times within the song.

Also it's alright about asking a bunch of questions! :)

EDIT: And to be more specific about the actual event, it will look like [mix 3 drums3d] the number after "drums" may be different depending on the stem mix.

OK great.

Thanks for the info!
David
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:32 pm

No problem, if you need any more info hit me up.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:53 am

thekiwimaddog wrote:Are you 100% sure about this?
I know that GH:WT notes get moved to Blue I assumed the same was for GH5/GH:WOR.

Im 100% sure. If you arent entirely trusting in my word. Ill post footage of a GHWT song in GHWoR (my choice, i'd hate for you to choose a song i cant play, lol).
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

THE HYPNOTOAD!
thekiwimaddog

Postby thekiwimaddog » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:17 am

amak11 wrote:
thekiwimaddog wrote:Are you 100% sure about this?

Im 100% sure. If you arent entirely trusting in my word. Ill post footage of a GHWT song in GHWoR (my choice, i'd hate for you to choose a song i cant play, lol).

OK, I'll change Phase Shift to move them to Green instead.

Thanks
David
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:09 pm

wooo!!! I finally got a chance to order a RB3 pro guitar =D now I'm 100% ready for this next release! I have a couple questions though...

1) does this release take alot more space then previous releases? (I'm running off my ram so I'm wondering if I need to make the ram image bigger :P)

and 2) this ones more of a curious thing because I cant do anything about this, is it much more resource demanding with the pro-mode?
Image Image
THE HYPNOTOAD!
thekiwimaddog

Postby thekiwimaddog » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:22 pm

Asskickulater wrote:wooo!!! I finally got a chance to order a RB3 pro guitar =D now I'm 100% ready for this next release! I have a couple questions though...

1) does this release take alot more space then previous releases? (I'm running off my ram so I'm wondering if I need to make the ram image bigger :P)

and 2) this ones more of a curious thing because I cant do anything about this, is it much more resource demanding with the pro-mode?

There hasn't been much of a change in resources. I'm hoping to get the memory usage halved in the next release if I get a chance to clean up the menu system.
I haven't seen any performance change in pro mode but I haven't added all the features I want to yet. I think it's likely that the next really won't have all the pro guitar features working as there has been so much change since the last version in backend code. I want to get a version out as quick to allow me to make sure the changes I've made have had any adverse effects.

Thanks
David

Return to “Other Music Games”