Power Gig: rise of the six string

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 13 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Top 23rd negro
mechy

Power Gig: rise of the six string

Postby mechy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:19 am

Rapt0r

Re: Power Gig: rise of the six string

Postby Rapt0r » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:38 am

The analog stick on it makes me giggle.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:26 pm

Im getting this, this was announced at the GDC i believe. Slated for a fall release too.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Top 23rd negro
mechy

Postby mechy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:14 pm

Rapt0r wrote:The analog stick on it makes me giggle.

That's what I thought too.
Nicknamed Shamrock
Kermit4Prez

Postby Kermit4Prez » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:38 pm

Would be nice if they allowed other guitars, too, so the only people interested in this game won't have to go out and buy a new one.

Probably not.

Spoiler:

It's not a real goose, it's only a picture of one.

abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:38 pm

If that's an actual guitar, I don't even want to think how much it will cost.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:09 am

I would think price would be around $200.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Seal Hunter

Postby Seal Hunter » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:24 am

The first "real" guitar controller probably won't be perfect. I surely think it's going to be an upgrade from the current guitar controllers, but Harmonix and Neversoft will create a better one. I'm not sure if I should wait until they do, though. I wonder if they will implement real drums as well? :rolleyes:
aduro

Postby aduro » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:35 pm

Seal Hunter wrote:The first "real" guitar controller probably won't be perfect. I surely think it's going to be an upgrade from the current guitar controllers, but Harmonix and Neversoft will create a better one. I'm not sure if I should wait until they do, though. I wonder if they will implement real drums as well? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure how interested Harmonix would be in making a game like this. A real guitar/controller hybrid is a pretty absurd an expensive concept

neversoft doesn't make guitar hero games anymore
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:47 pm

aduro wrote:
Seal Hunter wrote:The first "real" guitar controller probably won't be perfect. I surely think it's going to be an upgrade from the current guitar controllers, but Harmonix and Neversoft will create a better one. I'm not sure if I should wait until they do, though. I wonder if they will implement real drums as well? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure how interested Harmonix would be in making a game like this. A real guitar/controller hybrid is a pretty absurd an expensive concept

neversoft doesn't make guitar hero games anymore

I was reading a little more about the game, apparently the company that is making the guitars is teh same one who makes starter electric/acoustic guitars. So expensive this game wont be.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Awesome Drum Charter
anthman852

Postby anthman852 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:54 pm

the drums are real enough already. After playing Expert drums for about a year I was able to hop on my friend's real drums kit and play the intro to foreplay.
Nicknamed Shamrock
Kermit4Prez

Postby Kermit4Prez » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:02 pm

Soon, it'll be a full band, with a real bass, real guitar, and a midi drumset!

And after that, they'll make it so you don't even need the game turned on to play!

Then, the games will just be a list of suggested songs to play!

Spoiler:

It's not a real goose, it's only a picture of one.

I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:10 pm

Won't even be a disk, just a foldout poster with 100 songs on it! And it'll only run you $59.99!
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
drihscol

Postby drihscol » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:37 am

*doesnt take seriously*

what a stupid bloody video.
watch us advertise a product you cant even see!
i want ingame screenshots.
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/bajnmkinaopofbfaopenlfooloknfjlf?hl=en-US

Spoiler:Bands I like

Pink Floyd
Dream Theater
Rush
Radiohead
The Pixies
The Doors
Elo
Ok Go
Jethro Tull
The Beatles
Pearl Jam
Alice In Chains

Gah.
OzzyOzrock

Postby OzzyOzrock » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:07 pm

anthman852 wrote:

the drums are real enough already. After playing Expert drums for about a year I was able to hop on my friend's real drums kit and play the intro to foreplay.

Same! Except I didn't play that song.
ImageImage

I haven't touched a GH related game for 6 months. Woo. My (dead) song thread: Contains horrible things.

Return to “Other Music Games”